Who is hangover free & who is struggling

4th sober new year. Talked with some AA people, Watched some TV and went to bed. Anymore it’s just another day for me.

9 Likes

I am hangover free today and started the morning with a workout like @Dan531. Gotta keep my daily routine going.

Welcome to those of you who are new to TS, this is a great place to be for support and advice!

5 Likes

5th sober new year.
4th one since I got sober for good.
The first one I went back out and started drinking some more before I realized I was killing myself. Between bringing 2017 in sober and May 2017 I drank enough that I landed in the hospital multiple times. Because I was in pain, dehydrated, virtually dying.
My hip collapsed and I ended up with a hip replacement in July 2017 because of my drinking.
I share this story because it’s what I think about when I feel something awful enough to make me want a drink. I think about how many times I could have died but I got lucky.
Not everyone gets lucky.

I brought the new year in curled up on the couch last night with my oldest daughter and our kittens binge watching some show eating all the peppermint and candy cane flavored stuff we could find 1/2 off after Christmas :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I’m hungover FREE and I’m staying busy I’m working on New Year’s Day

3 Likes

It’s ok get back on the sober path you can do it

And we do, especially here.

In the end, it doesn’t matter how others see our addiction. What matters is how it’s making us feel and act. If we’re stuck and suffering, then it’s time to be free. Doesn’t matter how anyone else sees it.

I’ve been lucky that more than half of those close to me quickly understood and are happy for me. A few tried to minimize it.

Maybe those few wanted to justify their own behavior. Maybe they didn’t understand how far down I had gotten. Maybe they thought they were consoling me.

But that doesn’t matter because I knew, finally, how I really felt and that it was past time to try something different. And it’s liberating!

4 Likes

Hangover free, sober and grateful!

My son and I are assembling a ghost haunted LEGO lighthouse :heart:

To all of you a happy and healthy New Year, lots of love, special moments, hugs, laughter, kisses and everything you might wish for.

5 Likes

Haha. Great job. Enjoy the new day and new year.

1 Like

Another new years down where I can actually remember the whole new years eve. Spent it with my son watching Avatar series on Netflix and made it to the countdown. I owe my son many new years and being with him… I couldn’t think of being anywhere else in the world. HNY everyone

5 Likes

1 minute at a time turns into hours into days into months. Do anything you need to do, except drink. Its hard as fuck at first but so worth it. Drink water, Gatorade and eat (whatever). Keep your mind busy. Praying and rooting for you.

2 Likes

Its becomes clearer the further you get. Hang in there.

Don’t beat yourself up. You got this.

Awesome. Way to lead by example. Happy New Year.

Yep. Routine is vital. Workouts help me so much as does eating right. I don’t want to waste all that hard working out and eating. Happy New Year

1 Like

Wow. Sounds like a great night. Thanks for sharing your story. Glad you survived and congrats on your sobriety.

1 Like

Good deal. Happy New Year

Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year.

That sounds awesome. Good luck building that lighthouse. Would love to see a picture of it completed. Happy New Year and continued success in your recovery and sobriety.

1 Like

That sounds great and congrats. I love Avatar, the series. Happy New Year

Also trying to think of how I can stay busy during the time when I crave the most. It’s usually when the sun goes down and I am trying to wind down. Guess I’ll try reading a book or something…

4 Likes