Who is hangover free & who is struggling

I slipped on 30th December after 5 months sober. Back at day 2. Annoyed and dissapointed in myself but recognise this is a journey and I have to get better safeguards in place for the next time I’m in a situation where I’m tested like that again. Great to hear so many staying the course.

5 Likes

I have the color happy app on my phone. I love to color the pictures. It keeps my mind busy. If I just want to mindlessly color I go in the order of the colors they are in. If I really need distracted I will go through and color all of one color then pick another. Sometimes I do it in a rainbow sometimes if it’s a flower picture I will color all the green and keep the pretty flowers for last.
They have a lot of quotes to color. Some of which I find are great for recovery. I have a thread on here if you go to my name and look.

Books are also great to keep your mind distracted :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

I am hangover free. I am glad that I started my journey 20 days ago, as opposed to waiting for New Years. Definitely made it easier to resist the temptation to drink. Tomorrow makes 3 weeks, and I couldn’t be happier with the decision I made to stop the drinking

6 Likes

Fourth Sober NYE for me, have no desire whatsoever to pick up a drink again :partying_face:

6 Likes

Great to see you!!!

Hi :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

1 Like

Agreed, happy new year to you as well!

Only struggling with not eating all the cookies I baked yesterday :rofl::rofl::tired_face::tired_face:

2nd sober NYE, about 3 weeks from 3 years sober.

If I can get sober, anyone can.

10 Likes

Recovery is filled with highs and lows.
Sometimes the lows feel like they will last forever. They dont.

Keep doing the next right youll find your way to the highs.(natural) they are better than any highs from drugs/alcohol.

I feel high AF on life today! No hangover. Super productive, healthy, and focused.

I cleaned up alot of wreckage this year! I fixed alot of things that made me unhappy. I went through alot of lows to get here sober.

Its my 2nd sober new years. Last year was my first. I wasnt feeling the way I feel now.

I was gearing up to face things I knew would be challenging. It wasnt as hard as I imagined. Doing the next right thing over and over adds up.

57days is awesome! Keep going!

6 Likes

Wishing you the best. Stay strong.

1 Like

Happy New Year :confetti_ball: First New Year alcohol free! Spent the evening with the kiddos and listened to music. We watched the ball drop and drank sparkling apple cider with champagne glasses and cheered with JUMANJI! LOL We played Pandemic (oh the irony and we lost aaaa!), Uno, and Scattegories- is Flouncing a word??? :joy: I’m making eggs rolls (aka spring rolls via Zoom friends) for the New Year as we speak! Looking forward to a great and wonderful sober 2021!!! :heart: Hugs and love to those still sober and prayers and strength to those trying :pray:

2 Likes

Good job bouncing back so quickly. Good luck and stay strong.

Great job Ed. You should be proud. Keep it going and Happy New Year

1 Like

Thats awesome and inspirational.

Both. Really struggling today, but hanging in there

1 Like

Congrats. And good luck with moderating cookie intake. Happy New Year

1 Like

Thanks for the post. Sounds like you are doing well and had a great night. Congrats on your sobriety. Happy New Year

1 Like

Sorry to hear you are struggling. I hope and pray you find peace, strength and contentment. Happy New Year

1 Like

I’m having a hard time too

1 Like

Sorry to hear. I hope it gets better. I just said a prayer for those struggling. Hang in there.