Wild animals we adore

Canal wildlife

19 Likes

Not that long ago I shared the stories and some photos of the little owl family keeping me awake every night on the check-in thread.
:owl:
I think they finally moved on, I’ve seen the owls around, but they’ve definitely calmed down.
My neighbour does wildlife photography as a (serious) hobby and shared these pics with me.

:squid:

23 Likes

Oh these are beautiful captures :heart: Glad they have moved on so you can sleep in peace :hugs:

1 Like

12 Likes

Summer means insect hunting with my son. He is 15 and still likes to go.

No pics of the quadrillion cockroaches that we also saw.

19 Likes

15 Likes

They come around twice a year

16 Likes

They are so small. Probably only days old. When I first saw them at a distance I thought they were dogs in the road. Didn’t see momma. I hope they are not orphans.

Playing in traffic with no adult supervision reminds me of my childhood.

19 Likes

OMG! so tiny and cute. Glad you were able to capture them before they ran off.

Made me chuckle and so true about our childhoods. We turned out alright so I hope they will stay safe as well.

4 Likes

Interrupted a fox having breakfast this morning on my run

19 Likes

So cute and wow sooo close. :heart:

1 Like

It was right off the trail!! Before I came upon it I saw something run across and I thought it was a cat but as I got closer I realized it was a fox so I started to walk to not scare them.

5 Likes

Rolled up and caught this crazy shit. WTF? Just some llamas running around in the road.

Of course it stopped traffic and a couple of guys chased them down. They got free from a farm up the road. Yes they are somebody’s pets, but for that few moments they were WILD and FREE!

A Praying Mantis.

22 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: OMG what a sight! Glad they were able to have a safe adventure and you got to see Llama’s in the wild :laughing:

3 Likes

15 Likes

Now that is wild!

2 Likes

This little guy greeted me at the front door coming home. It seemed we were both enjoying each other’s company :frog:

20 Likes

Kiddo found this fella was in our basement this morning while he was playing Zelda. Taking a pic on the porch as we set it free in backyard

20 Likes

Now tha’ts a hell of a way to start the day :scream: Glad you were able to get it out into nature :pray:

2 Likes

Healthy, young coyote that I spent a few minutes with on my walk this morning.

17 Likes