Wild animals we adore

Roadrunner on my walk today.

10 Likes

Coyote in our front field this morning

12 Likes

Went outside this morning to find a couple of great horned owls fighting over a perch. Incredibly large wingspans.

14 Likes

Awesome!! Love owls :owl:

1 Like

It looks like this owl; I was just watching this story on the news about Flaco, the owl who escaped the zoo in NY.
They said 5 to 6 foot wingspan!

A “Squadron,” :face_with_monocle: of javelinas

About 15 - 20 of them this morning.

15 Likes

Rams on top of the ridge

9 Likes

11 Likes

This was a couple years ago. We were camping, and a squirrel stole our butter :laughing: I think he was a keto squirrel

10 Likes

We have a pair of ravens living in our silo. They love to torment my dog. They’re massive

10 Likes

Desert spiny lizard that lives on my house. Named him Jeffrey.

Usually they don’t let you get so close - but not Jeffrey. Jeffrey’s got that confidence, that pizzazz, that “technically this is my house” attitude.

12 Likes

This poor little trash panda visited our campsite. My dog was not impressed. He seemed healthy but had a bad eye :cry:

13 Likes

Hi Sober Fam :sleeping: (2 hrs sleep last night!?!)
Grateful to still manage a trail walk today in nature’s sanctuary ~ such a blessing at lunchtime

Here’s yesterday’s view of little Woodpecker at work foraging, kinda close-up :+1:

Pretty sure day 98 AF AF.:wink:
This will be my check-in today and grateful to see the regulars at sponsors self help mental health group just now online ~~ spin off of Dr Low’s (Recovery International)
- At this group one of the main features is to embrace the fact that we are basically nothing special, we are just average. Love it :heart_eyes:.
Love to you all at your corner of the world
:peace_symbol: Peace be with you :heart: - O

11 Likes

Desert spiny lizard in my greenhouse this morning.

15 Likes

Baby mud swallows in their nest on barn ceiling

16 Likes

What an amazing shot!! You are a great “nature photographer”.

3 Likes

I’m a lousy photographer but I discovered swallows in the carport of the farm :star_struck:

10 Likes

Found this teeny, tiny baby spiny lizard running around my bedroom. First house lizard :slightly_smiling_face:

They are always welcome, but he needs to be outside to live his best lil life.
So a quick catch & release photo, and he’s back in the wild where he belongs.

8 Likes

In my opinion wolves are some of the most majestic wild animals! :heart_eyes:
Not my picture though, I stole from Google :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Taking a break from the Texas heat. How cute is this lil family? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes