Wild animals we adore

Haha, sucker! You get our cobra chickens for the winter :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

They tend to me mean, bossy, overbearing :laughing:

9 Likes

Oh aye, it’s true. I was totally afraid of them as a kid cos they was mean. We would only cross the yard with a big stick for protection, not to beat just to impose ofc. That solved the problem. :joy: No doubt I would still bring that stick if we still had geese. I love their badassery tho. :heart:

5 Likes

I have to agree I love their antics…from afar. I love watching them fly over and honk (we call them honkers) and get in big mixed up Vs inevitability losing one or two who come a minute later looking for the flock. And I like when they have giant groups of goslings in spring/summer. But I do not like how they defile my walking areas with poo that my dog wants to get into constantly!

3 Likes

@Soberbilly thank you for sharing about the Octopus Teacher!

I didn’t wanna derail the gratitude thread so am replying here. Now, I know wild animals are, or should be, wild, but this little clip warmed my heart.
Wanted to share with you. :orange_heart:

3 Likes

8 Likes

Merry Christmas Shaunda.
Thinking about ya.
I hope you are well.
:pray:t2::christmas_tree::heart:

5 Likes

Merry Christmas! I am hanging on by a thread but it hasnt broken yet. :wink:

3 Likes

Keep hanging in there @Shaunda

4 Likes

Lol you 2 sure made my evening with those squirrels. Thank you for the love :hugs:

This too shall pass. Maybe like a kidney stone, but it will pass. :wink:

3 Likes

I had to look twice. Looked like it had ears lol

I bought a bird feeder for our cats because we have these giant windows and it seems to bring them joy. A few days ago I noticed we had a mouse friend eating what fell through the feeder so I put out a little pile of seed for the little fella. The trap has yet again been set.
I am not actually trying to trap this little guy but my kitties stare at the food spot so intently that it brings me joy.

My Mom has fed the birds for 40+ years and has now created an unsustainable backyard ecosystem at the age of 79 which she can’t maintain and she can’t stop. I think my tiny feeder is me trying to prove I can feed without going overboard.
Who knew the animal thread would go so deep. Thanks for listening to my ramblings. :rat::black_cat::black_cat:

8 Likes

This is Beardy, the bearded dragon that hangs out back.
Settling in for the night. The legs gave it away though… needs to work on his cammo.

14 Likes

Had two of them as pets about a decade ago

One of them had his hand bit off by a sibling as a baby, so he just plodded along on his knub

2 Likes

Hah!
Classic dragon hijinks

2 Likes

It’s a cold and snowy night so I put out a pile of seed and discovered that the mouse has a mate. I am now feeding two mice. The kitties approve.

3 Likes

Palisades Park Squirrel Santa Monica.

9 Likes

Caught these bucks on my way home from work. They wasn’t going at it that hard. One young, one old. Kind of like a dad teaching his son to fight. When they caught me watching they broke it up and both looked at me like I was stupid. HaHa

9 Likes

“You fuckin’ want some, dude?”

4 Likes

Woodpecker having some snacks on a snowy day

15 Likes