Women's hormonal roller-coaster

7 Likes

I know what makes me feel better in these situations: stay away from people and breathe

16 Likes

Since 3 days it feels like my period is about to start, but still nothing. I’m bloated like a marshmallow you put in a microwave and I feel all the feels…please don’t let me wait any longer! Gosh dammit :face_with_spiral_eyes::roll_eyes:
Rant over :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Day 23 of cyclus
Bloating initiated :space_invader: :robot: :pregnant_woman:
Emotions still balanced!

:ferris_wheel:

4 Likes

Sorry in advance for the depressing post…

How do you all deal with the idea that this is something that we have to keep going through for such a big part of our lives? Until peri/menopause, when things get WORSE. What the actual hell? Regularly having these super emotional times which you basically have to discount because it’s ‘just hormones’ but just hormones is rough enough. And then always second guessing yourself if something is annoying or upsetting and not really being sure what you are genuinely annoyed or upset about.

12 Likes

I hear you. As long as we don’t stop the rollercoaster by heavy intervention, the answer unfortunately is yes. Fucking hormons fucking up the quality of life on a regular basis. Women should be allowed to stay home with full payment these on days. I often enough took a sick leave.
We can only hope that the perimenopausal bullshit is over soon. At least I still have hope to be free of hormon rambazamba for good.

Does a hug help? :people_hugging: Sending you hugs and giving you a pat on the back. Please have some flowers to make you smile for a moment :bouquet::rose::tulip::sunflower::cherry_blossom::four_leaf_clover:

8 Likes

I try to take it one cycle at a time. And I think we as women should also be more understanding among each other.
I try to keep this in mind to be gentle to myself as I am judging myself too much to hard during these days. And as my cycle seems to be different every time I can get even angry with myself. But this doesn’t really help. Yesterday for example in day 1 felt so fat and got again obsessed with my breast, I forced myself to be out in nature and not be focused on myself and hating myself for the only body I have during this life.

9 Likes

And what I really really don’t like/hate is when you tell people that your are not in a good mood and maybe not the best company atm, they say: no worries. And when it turn out that, indeed, you are not the best company today, will tell you: oh, you are really xyz today :zipper_mouth_face::exploding_head::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

I try not to think about that long term. I rant every other month about it and that’s it. I can’t change it anyway so I try to accept it. Sometimes that works good, sometimes not at all.

5 Likes

What I hate is when you criticize something or do not say yes to everything and everyone people are like “are you on your period?”. Like yes, every time someone crosses my line I’m on my period :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

It’s okay.
We are here with you.

How to deal with… Yah puhhhh siiiigh!
Maybe we can create our dream world.

I would need 3 days (day 28, 1 and 2 or additionally day 27) of:

• no work
  • meals are prepped and served and all acc to my wishes
  • silence
  • no decisions to take
  • nature
  • sports
  • cozy environment
  • housekeeper
  • private pool
  • funny training partner with same pace
  • private yoga teacher

Ok, just a dream. But why not.

What helps me is to focus on the good days of the cycle, I am happy that I have more of the good ones then the bad ones. It is just like winter spring summer and autumn…

I have a realy newborn feeling 2 days after starting to bleed. Like a snake that lost her old skin. I am trying to party this a bit…

Haaahh, but all the tips, we are all different and should all have access to this dreamland for these days!

:ferris_wheel::two_hearts:

4 Likes

It finally began :relieved: The timing was not the best (started bleeding while walking home) but still: yay. This time there is no headache or any other pain or extremely bad mood. I hope that doesn’t change :crossed_fingers:

Update on day 2:
There it is, the pain and the cramps that you even feel in your legs. Decided to go home earlier today to lay down with a hot water bottle. Meh.
Oh and don’t let me start to talk about my mood…

5 Likes

8 Likes

I’m so tired of my boobs hurting at PMS time. Like my bag strap hits one and ouch. One of my kids is a bit rough and knocks one and ouch. I take off my bra and make any sudden movements and ouch.

7 Likes

I am taking Agnus castus for some years and feel that it improved a lot.

4 Likes

Ouch.

I wish my boobs did feel something :roll_eyes::unamused::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Today is the day for me as well. I can already feel the (apologies if anyone hates this word but it is so spot on) bitchiness building. My husband asked me to download a sleep tracking app last night, he is a notoriously bad sleeper and wanted to compare, but every time he rolled over to cuddle with me I would wake up and be angry that I was awake. Now we are doing that silent treatment thing to each other all over some hormones and an app.

I only have to survive 8 hours of work today and I’m on a bench where I can listen to music in my headphones so maybe that will soothe this savage beast.

My plan is lots of food, music and Midol. Lets not murder anyone today shall we?
:woman_in_lotus_position:t2::japanese_ogre::woman_in_lotus_position:t2::japanese_ogre::woman_in_lotus_position:t2::japanese_ogre::woman_in_lotus_position:t2::japanese_ogre::woman_in_lotus_position:t2::japanese_ogre::woman_in_lotus_position:t2::japanese_ogre::woman_in_lotus_position:t2::japanese_ogre::woman_in_lotus_position:t2::japanese_ogre:

My breasts ache and I would like to bathe in chocolate, instead I’ll go to work I guess.

7 Likes

Ugh. Eh. Lol.

9 Likes

Hahaha :joy: Awesome! I’ll steal this!

2 Likes

Ha!! This is amazing.

2 Likes