Women's hormonal roller-coaster

Food cravings are driving me crazy. Could devour pig on toast! Argh!

4 Likes

My moods have been all over the place lately even worse than normal. I’m back to Escitalapram 20mg and still feeling really awful near to, during, and after my period. :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

Appealing to menopausal me today… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :point_down:

Days at the lighthouse can be isolated and remote, according to former lighthouse keepers

…and the job surroundings might help maintain some of my relationships until I’m through this! :wink: :orange_heart:

8 Likes

Job does sound hella appealing…

2 Likes

My husband’s Grandmother and Grandfather were lighthouse keepers in NY. :heart:

5 Likes

Oh! Did they love it?

I know I tend to romanticize things (certain jobs, fixing up an old house, backcountry camping, etc)… but today? It would be so much easier to deal with, er, no colleagues :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

They did! She wrote a book or two about it.

7 Likes

Unlimited books? Dream job!

2 Likes

Would have to move continents for this, but right now sounds like a dream

2 Likes

This sounds like a dream to me. I actually wanted to buy a small island in the archipelago of Sweden and live there with only a power boat to go get groceries for my hundred cats now and then.

But, global warming and my various health conditions (including monster periods, wrecking ball hormones and impending menopausal hell) have turned me off it.

It does sound so so cosy!

4 Likes

That definitely me when I’m on my period :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Day one of my period in a month where I gave up sugar, doubled the amount of walking I’m doing, participated in a plank challenge and STILL gained 7 pounds. I feel like an engorged tick.

Plus my husband just came home drunk from a work party and I’ve got a dying uncle at the forefront of my mind. I think I should just staple a caution sign to my forehead a la Jamie Lee Curtis in Everything, Everywhere All At Once.

Sigh. Send me strength ladies. :bowing_woman:t2:

11 Likes

Ugh. That is a lot. :people_hugging:

Sending you strength by the truckload. Nope, freight train. Container ship full of it!

Also? Your winning combination of wit, grit, and a soft and fine heart is gonna get you through all this - no question. :orange_heart:

ps - the plank challenge hasn’t yielded quite the “get rich quick!” results I was hoping for! :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

My hope is to spend 5 minutes on a mat every morning at the end of this. Then maybe that morphs into a YouTube workout or two… forward motion is the goal!!
Today the goal is also no murder. :massage_woman:t2:
I appreciate you.

3 Likes

“No murder” is a very good goal on some days. Just sayin…

6 Likes

Awwwwww, you know what they say about periods… This too, shall pass. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have all the PMS, bloating, rage and stabby feelings, but my period is GHOSTING me. Again. This is one of those two week periods. :woozy_face:

Sending you strength Emilie. If anyone can, you can. :v::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

It’s how I have modelled myself for years. :wink:

4 Likes

Oh how I hate these! My last one was like this and I was just thinking: “When will this shitshow finally come to an end!?”
Sending you all the patience you can currently muster, and do please come and vent.

3 Likes

Dealing with a whole lot and then your body is playing war with you too - so sorry Emilie… sending you loads of strength!

LOL - yeah - that was fun to see that i can still do the planks and hang but my body swelled insanely quick… gained 7 lbs :woman_facepalming:

Sending you comfort too @Tragicfarinelli – two week period :astonished: so sorry love i know how exhausting and painful that can be.

5 Likes

You too Jazz? I have gained so much this month. It can’t just be planking…

4 Likes