Women's hormonal roller-coaster

It’s worth an ask. Keep searching…it took me a long time to find a doctor but it is worth it. Sending you a hug.

4 Likes

Thank you for the hugs :heart:

3 Likes

I was put on the pill once while on the implant to try and control irregular spotting. Omg it was TERRIBLE. I was all over the place. Lots of shouting and crying. Apparently I do not need any more estrogen in my system :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

What did they do to control the spotting? Just the implant?

1 Like

I just had some ovulation pains (Mittelschmerz) today. It was a pinch low on the left side. It was fairly painful but not debilitating or anything. It was just quite uncomfortable walking around the grocery store. :joy:. It lasted about 15-20 minutes.

1 Like

Hey this is interesting (although not nice at all). I have problems with my glycaemia but I’ve never connected that with my hormonal cycle :thinking:

I’m thinking of hysterectomy too as one possibility to end this suffering. Many people say they can live without uterus, but need to take special / regular care of important muscles down there

3 Likes

It is. Very. Highly connected. Progesterone causes peripheral insulin resistance which occurs in the second halve of the cycle. When my management was overall chaotic I didn’t notice it amongst all the chaos. But I need in general 20 % more insulin, carbs cause a huge increase of. Glycemia some days before. Then all comes annoyingly slowly back to normal. But w/o controlling the eating my numbers would just skyrocket causing more resistance due to insulin lack.

4 Likes

I’m not friends with artificial hormones. They drive me into something next to a serial killer

3 Likes

Dull ovary pain and confused mind. Not fun.

1 Like

I found the depo injection (progestogen) was OK for me. I came off all contraceptives for a while after the implant/ pill horror combo and went back to the injection with no noticeable difference to my moods. And for me, no periods was a bonus. Although now I am off contraceptives again I am finding some appreciation for the natural flow of things.

So interesting how these things all affect us so differently!

2 Likes

I was on the implant which I think was the likely cause of the irregularities. But they added the pill to try and help things. I can’t remember if it helped with my cycle or not, I just remember it being a terrible, terrible time!

1 Like

I would imagine belly dance would be quite good as that’s a lot of pelvis/ hips/ abdominal movement but pretty low impact and go at your own pace.

3 Likes

It’s maybe off topic but walking through the mud I have time to think. How illusional sometimes we think things are working. I mean hormones are such powerful substances controlling all parts of our physiology. Interconnected all over the place. When we screw a bit there it will influence very likely somewhere else. It’s a fascinating thing, our body, nature in general. We think we can easily understand but it is so fucking complex. I am a huge fan of insulin, it is a big point in my life. Sorry if I am writing about it so much. It is such an important hormone that you only notice when it’s absent. Our body’s can compensate for long times until they can’t. Fascinating.

7 Likes

Thank you! This must be the reason I’m after sugary shit during the second half. And it always causes me trouble

2 Likes

True dat. Have to Google that depo thing too…

1 Like

Yeah I’ve done oriental dance years ago and it’s great. Now I swear to my daily breathing exercise which does wonders :blush:

1 Like

I switched on notification for ovulation on Clue. I’m curious to know if I would get some feelings or sensations when it’s happening.

3 Likes

Let us know if you recognise something :blush:

1 Like

signal-2021-07-17-132912

3 Likes