Working on working out #2

I use the machine at the gym that you can step on the bar that helps lift you, you set the weights so not super easy but not too hard, lol.

1 Like

Mile on the treadmill, 30 hammer curls, 30 regural curls, 50 pec flys, 5 minute plank, 20 chin ups, 50 weighted dips with 20 pound weight. Couple other things. And gonna go for a bike ride here in a lil bit. Happy Saturday all

2 Likes

Sunday Mikie!!!

1 Like

:unamused: yuck …

1 Like

The good news has come, gyms here will be open starting on Monday!

I scoped out gyms online when I first moved, so I would have one in mind when the time came. Called them this afternoon just to see, and the 2 owners just happened to be there working and invited me over for a tour.

Super nice guys, and AWESOME gym. Old school lifting gym, just like I like. Tons of space and equipment. I am so jazzed. They also have really great precautions in place to minimize the chances of spreading covid. Its still a risk, but its one I am choosing to take. Hopefully the fact that I go at 430/5am means less chance of infection.

Can’t wait to get back in there on Monday and start getting some meat back on my bones!

4 Likes

Gyms opened here yesterday

1 Like

Back at it. Gyms not open here yet. So I’ve created my.own home gym. My sanctuary :pray:t5:

6 Likes

I’ve been doing an hour on the elliptical everyday, yoga, tai chi and push-ups, dips etc. I’ve been in this treatment program for 31 days and have not missed a day on the elliptical for 30 days. I never ever worked out in my life and I figure if I drank/used every day then I can do at least one positive thing for myself every day. My mental health is soooo much better since I’ve started excercising, I freaking love the way I feel today. Keep up the good work everyone! :sunglasses::metal:t2::muscle:t2:

4 Likes

Endorphins are so good for our brain!! Good for you!!! I also really enjoy a variety of physical activity for my body mind and soul!

2 Likes

Totally!!! I was wondering why I felt so good so I looked online and found that we have opiad receptors in our brain that act like natural pain killers???!!??? Heck yeah I love it! Good job @SassyRocks!!!

2 Likes

We need to let my old knees know about those natural pain relievers!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Dang @Mephistopheles that’s pretty intense good job!!!

Right???!!! Me TOO LOL!

1 Like

Awesome.
Well done. Same here I love e the feeling of accomplishment and release after a good workout. My days generally go better including my diet. Let’s keep at it. How do you like tai chi? Never tried.

1 Like

So true Benefits are most definitely more than physical.:pray:t5:

3 Likes

Thank you @Lotusflower! Yes let’s keep at it for sure. Tai chi is really awesome in the sense of mindfulness of your movements and breathing. I also do Chi Qin which is amazing as well and has to do with body energy and feels amazing! Yes definitely try tai chi there are a lot of small little 5-10 classes on YouTube that I found. Good job. Keep it up!!!

2 Likes

I don’t really like working out, but I DO love the feeling after an hour of some physical activity.
6 months ago I started going for long, brisk walks almost daily, but had to stop because of the Covid panic&lockdown.
Now it’s too hot to go for a walk, but I try to swim every day for a km or - if I’ disciplined :slight_smile: - two.
But yesterday I cut my foot badly (I stood on a shell :see_no_evil:) so my doctor advised against swimming for a couple of days AND prescribed antibiotics “just to be on the safe side” (since I didn’t want to go to the hospital).

2 Likes

Today was back day

Plank 50 sec
Superman pull 3 x 20 sec
Rowing 3 x 20 rep
Bridge 40 sec

For this I found no translation so I explain it.
You go down on your knees and hands (like a dog) and then lift your left arm and right leg. 10 x per side.

After that of course some stretching.

That’s it, tomorrow is HIIT day :muscle:t2:

4 Likes

I wish the gyms were open here in NY state

1 Like

There is a lot you can do at home :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes