Yoga group

I think I’m in. Her January challenge was a great way to start last year.
I also decided to take my 200hr ytt. I’m learning so much!

2 Likes

I am taking the 200, too! I am doing it mostly because I want to learn for me, at least for now.

2 Likes

That’s why I’m taking it, also.
But, I think I might try to talk to the rehabs around here to see about doing yoga therapy a couple times a week. There’s 3 rehabs here on the sand spit.
I also have a peer counselor certification that I got awhile back in hopes of maybe helping others, but I wasn’t sure how I was going to use it. I think with those things combined I’ll be able to help other addicts .

2 Likes

Help in a way that helped me and made sense to me.
Yoga and therapy really have been a big part of my treatment plan.

1 Like

After coming and going with my yoga practice I restarted the YWA Home series this month and got back to day 18. I remembered that this was the point where I dropped out last time, having found the emotional side of it too difficult. This time round I just focused on the physical and it was ok.

I have lost a lot of flexibility and am struggling with strength in my legs, but I have been enjoying making yoga part of my routine again. Not made it every day, but most days over the last few weeks.

I was thinking about whether or not to start the YWA January series on time, or wait til I’ve finished Home and then catch up… But seeing that you guys will be doing Breath (@EarnIt @Sober_Ninja @liv_m) I will join you!

3 Likes

I have always been a ‘planner’ person. Generally they have all been work related. This year since I have moved away from work, and more to fine tuning my emotional, spiritual, and physical self, I decided to get a different kind of planner. It is beautiful. I don’t want to overload you with pictures but I am like :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Give it

2 Likes

It’s slightly more expensive than what I normally spend on my yearly planner, but it looks like it will be worth it.

1 Like

I’m going to need a link to that, please.

1 Like

Its on sale today! It wasn’t when I purchased it last week. https://dailygreatness.co/products/dailygreatness-yoga-journal-your-masterplan-for-a-beautifully-conscious-life?variant=12137666347076&gclid=CjwKCAiAxKv_BRBdEiwAyd40N2nXavrYUHLKMuSjaCGl2IG3P6l9iblzcoPNhcFrGEnWkq-Xa7PTrRoComEQAvD_BwE

1 Like

I am ordering it.

2 Likes

Do it!
I am so excited to start the new YWA series this week, guys.

2 Likes

Me, too!!!

2 Likes

Article about yoga and depression https://www.psypost.org/2020/12/brain-imaging-study-pinpoints-neurotransmitter-that-may-be-responsible-for-yogas-mood-boosting-effect-58955

2 Likes

How do you feel about The sutras of Patanjali? I am feeling a little overwhelmed and am having trouble grasping what I am reading. It may be the version I bought, but it feels hard to understand.

I have not started my course, yet. I might go to the library to get some back up info if it’s complex, which by looking at some info on the web, it is.

1 Like

sutra’s are hard to read. like the bagavadgita and the bible. I learned in class taking it part by part. one sutra lasted a month at least. taking them one at the time. making a study of all of them. but I surely needed the teachers and practice to embody them.Since I moved I did not realy learn one more.

I do not know which one you are reading I was recommended this one.

Sthira Sukham Asanam - happy steady seat
chitta vritti nirodha - union is reached by stilling the turmoil of the mind.
is about as far as I got to ‘live’ them day to day.

maybe also getting. grasp about the different padha’s to get an overvieuw?

Shtira Sukham… the balance between action and stillness. introspection and fixation. sitting and daring to move to feel. so much in this soetra for us in recovery (for me at least)
Happy to discuss this book more.

5 Likes

I am probably going to end up purchasing your version. I bought this one, and there’s so many printed errors it is distracting, on top of the difficulties I seem to have grasping the subject matter.

I am listening to it on youtube this morning and it is a little easier to hear than to read.
I think taking them one by one is a really good idea.

4 Likes

I haven’t started the Bhagavad Gita yet. Probably today at some point since I don’t have much on my schedule other than classwork.

3 Likes

@EarnIt @liv_m @Sober_Ninja took the liberty of splitting out the YWA journey into a new thread in the hope it makes it easier for others to find too, for anyone who wants to join :blush:

2 Likes