Yoga group

Yea I’m really looking forward to it. I’ve signed up as a volunteer which makes me feel more confident to go on my own. And I get a free place so that’s a bonus!

I’ve been so looking forward to being able to post on this thread, happy to be in a place to be getting back to it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yoga festival sounds fab :+1::slightly_smiling_face: where is this at?

3 Likes

Reading, Berkshire

Really looking forward to it! It might be a bit late this year… But maybe next time we could organise a TS crew!

5 Likes

That would be awesome, it looks great :heart_eyes::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Back from the yoga festival. It was just amazing. Did an astanga class with a guy called Kamal Singh who I believe is a bit of a big deal in India, that was pretty intense but good. Tried some Shakti dancing which was really fun. Did some laughter yoga which was completely bonkers. Also did a couple of really nice yoga classes that were the right balance between ease and effort.

Did a YWA video this morning, yoga to feel your best. Feeling pretty good!

9 Likes

That’s sounds like heaven I’ll bet you are feeling really great now :woman_in_lotus_position::woman_in_lotus_position::woman_in_lotus_position::woman_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes

I signed up as a volunteer so I will get the ticket price back too. Bonus! As well as getting free access to lots of awesome teachers it was really nice to be able to help out and get involved with some of the behind the scenes stuff.

5 Likes

Didn’t get up in time to do a full session but got 10 minutes in.

How often do you all practice? And do you fit your practice in to a routine? What’s the split between home and classes?

3 Likes

For the past month I’ve been doing a nightly routine. I like to take a nice shower then pick out a video or two from YWA then I top it off with a guided sleep meditation. Been loving that routine personally.
Sometimes I get an additional daytime practice in when I can, but usually mom/house duties take priority during waking hours
I do all at home practice because I enjoy not having to operate around anyone else’s time but my own :yum: And I do have a pretty decent background with classes (dance/yoga) that I feel comfortable following along with a video

5 Likes

With my new work schedule I have been serious slacking on both yoga and working out at the gym. I would ideally like to always do yoga when I get home from work from 1:30-3:30am but sometimes I’m so fucking tired. So I’m trying to start getting a routine down in the mornings. This past week I started getting really bad carpal tunnel which is affecting my sleeping because that’s when it hurts so much. But I was able to get to a yoga class today and even after not going for a week, I was less strong but I was more capable of getting into poses which is strange but exciting.

Also very curious to know how others stick with a routine and practice.

2 Likes

What a wonderful nightly routine! I need that in my life!!!

2 Likes

It’s been life changing, like seriously. I feel like I’m honoring myself, and that hits home in a real deep way :yellow_heart: if you can, make it happen! Find the routine that fits with your life and your waking/sleep schedule… Ive always been a night owl so I usually start this whole process at like 1130pm and that works for me!

3 Likes

Oh wow I seriously love that! Continue honoring yourself!! That is beautiful :slight_smile:
I shall try to come up with something new this week.

2 Likes

This is beautiful and I’m so happy for you, love this :blue_heart::blue_heart:

2 Likes

I find mornings are my time to practice at home. It means getting up earlier but I am usually too tired in the evening and can never quite fit it in. I built up a daily practice at the end of last year and would love to get back to that, or something like it.

20 minutes done this morning, YWA for change and drain. Still feeling a little sleepy but nice and calm. If I can get up at 5am regularly again then I should start getting to bed at the right time.

6 Likes

Just what I needed this morning. :pray:

2 Likes

Evening when I’m tired I love to do so organic restorative poses while I’m watching telly, embrace the mood I’m in and do what feels good. :slightly_smiling_face::pray:

4 Likes

Thoughts that were on my brain yesterday:

Bringing yoga to everyday life and postures within it.
Sitting at a chair? Doing dishes? Cleaning your house? Lift through pelvic floor, engage core, find length in the spine and return to your breath.

Yoga doesn’t have to be constrained to however many minutes you carve out for yourself in the beginning, middle, or end of your day. But rather a practice that you can apply to every aspect of your life.

Namaste friends. Yoga on :v::woman_in_lotus_position::metal:

7 Likes

Did morning fresh yoga yesterday and this morning did 15 mins sunrise yoga. She ended with this message which is just lovely, and I wanted to share it:

Have an awesome day. Be yourself, be kind to yourself, then do the same to others

:hibiscus::sparkling_heart::pray:

9 Likes

I did the sunrise one today too! Apparently we are all vibrating on similar waves this week :sparkles:

4 Likes