Yoga group

Great feedback! I’m going to check out some local yoga that I could fit in at lunch during work day :blush:

1 Like

Perfect, will check it out! :hugs:

1 Like

You do make me chuckle, glad you persevered :blush::woman_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

This is my life!!! And this morning doing an abb workout with a toddler sat on my face!! :flushed::see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

I recently started qigong which is a sort of Chinese version of yoga. I like it so far. Im just doing exercises from youtube right now. Looking for a class locally.

2 Likes

Awesome, Mel. Thanks for this feedback. I’m excited to try. I think I expected too much my first class (and that was 10 years ago when I was much more limber, lol). I used to be pretty flexible & a highland dancer in my MUCH younger days, so I figured I’d be pretty good. Nope. :joy:I’m currently looking at some intro classes on my lunch. I’ll also check out the YouTube you lovely ladies suggested :hugs:

4 Likes

I did my first 2 yoga classes in years in the last week. The couple of times I tried before I hurt myself too much, in part to blame on not very considerate teachers. I’m pretty fit but my body is stiff as a plank. Runs in the family.
Anyway, in the place where there are also all sort of meetings (NA, AA, SLAA, etc.) twice a week there is a free recovery yoga class. Which turns out to be a great reintroduction to yoga for me. Some very nice teachers, classes that are non-demanding. I do feel my body and I do hurt a bit after yesterdays yin yoga class but in a good way. I think. Also the first time I really felt something happening on a deeper level inside me doing yoga. Going to do this more often. Will also check out Adriene. Thanks for the tip!

6 Likes

My kids call it yogurt. If it’s a cold day it’s frozen yogurt.

5 Likes

A good stretch technique to share from Instagram, found it helps quite well and you can feel it on the back of your legs/buttocks, worth a shot and not too over strenuous :wink::v:

3 Likes

Check out Yoga With Adrienne on YouTube! She makes accessible yoga videos for any type of workout you’re looking for, and she makes them a little more meaningful. So instead of “today we’re working on abs”, it’s “today we’re working on our core muscles to help support and sustain us in everything we do.” She presents the opportunity to use yoga as a tool for physical AND emotional health. :grin::pray:

3 Likes

She’s my favourite :relieved:

Although saying that I haven’t really done any other YouTube yoga. I found Adrienne and she has so much content I’ve not had to try any others.

Keep on trying to start daily yoga and not managing it. But got up in time this morning and did this lovely slow one.

@MoCatt if you get 15 minutes today I would definitely recommend it!

5 Likes

Ah, glad I found this thread…I’ve practiced power hot yoga for years. I love it and highly recommend it. I’m also certified to teach but only taught briefly because I hate the sound of my own voice and lacked confidence :roll_eyes:

The day after my horrible hangover last week I went to my usual class and of course it was a disaster. Being in a 104 degree room while still hungover?!? It was ridiculous, I was so wobbly and miserable, with a throbbing headache. This is a consequence of my drinking - I ruined the thing I love to do for that day. I hope to never forget that.

P.S. I love this meme and it describes me to a T, so here ya go!

10 Likes

7 Likes

I wanted to start YWA Dedicate today, because I didn’t finish it earlier this year. Well I didn’t quite get up in time for a 50 minute video this morning but I did do a 30 minute (Freedom Glow) one instead.

I did this 50km walk the other weekend which I was totally unprepared for, but I did it. It wasn’t actually too bad either. It made me realise that even if I’m not exercising every day, I’m still so much healthier and fitter than I was a couple of years ago. Even though I was in better shape this time last year, my baseline average/overall trajectory is improving. I’m taking that as a win!

Saying that, my goal for October is to do daily yoga. It is something I’ve been trying to stick to for months. But I am determined to keep going until I get there.

5 Likes

Yes let’s do it together! Will try and get up on time to start day 1 tomorrow :pray::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Oh and @SassyRocks my usual class that I am going back to on Thursday is turning into a yin yoga class so I’m looking forward to that.

1 Like

I did not get up early this morning :see_no_evil:

But I am looking forward to spending some time on Dedicate tonight!

1 Like

It won’t be too advanced. I can’t do a crow pose! She will do modifications so you can just go at the level that’s right for you. YWA is so amazing, would be great to share the Dedicate journey with you!

Let us know how your yoga session goes, hope some healing comes soon after the crying :pray::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Sometimes I spend my whole practice here!

2 Likes