You are getting old when

When your first video game was pong, purchased at Radio shack, and was 2 controlers hooked to the back of your tv

5 Likes

When you used to look in a phonebook and make prank phone calls for fun on 3-way or have your mom or sibling listen in on your conversations on the second house line…

3 Likes

Caller ID killed the prank call…good harmless fun

1 Like

Ha. You know what *69 is

2 Likes

and *67 :wink: was a bit before caller id

2 Likes

The tv closed down at ten o clock and it was in black and white and only three channels and we were the only ones in street then who had one , used to get into the pictures (movies) for a shilling and a empty jam jar, still used ration card for bread and milk, started primary school 1957 , old money then 240 pennies to the pound ,growing up in the fifties and sixties was great , the guy in the turbin used to come round with the case full of habadashery stuff no diy stores then and the onion guy came round in his bike dressed as french guy and rag and bone guy on his horse and wagon and the coal man used to give his horse some carrots Happy days

6 Likes

… you learned typing on a black heavy iron machine :grinning:

3 Likes

…you know what microfiche is, and have used it to write a paper in college

7 Likes

Here’s my 27 year old version of “you are getting old when”: you meet a young adult and you keep on meeting ones that are younger than you and yet are already nurses or are working on Ph.D. theses.

Also I’m a tech anomaly. I’m generally up to date, but like to operate retro. Bought and used a pager maybe 5 years ago because I wanted to be available but not carry a phone. Still own a laptop manufactured in early 90’s. Used the (5?)" floppies as a kid, and at 4 years old my dad would pay me 50 cents to format a box of floppies so he could use them for work. Never used punch cards, but have the roll from a press that printed out IBM ones. I borrow my parents’ rotary phone to make calls (yes that is what their landline goes through) but keep getting frustrated whenever I get “Press 1 to…” and no one picks up after the menu finishes. So I’m kinda weird that way… Love the old and the new. I don’t miss crappy search engines though… searching a million terms just to find a portal page that you just pray has a link you want.

1 Like

When you do something slightly physical, and you know you’ll be sore, but not for 48 hours.

Wasnt it Video killed the radio star or something like that?

1 Like

It was!..my sister and I were to excited for words, that mom let us watch it

1 Like

I loved my Brother word processor and I loved the quiet times searching microfiche in my college library. I remember toward the end of my first degree (I stretched two out over more than a decade), the instructors would sometimes require a few web references. I could not figure it out for the life of me. I would just find some random thing, throw in a meaningless reference and go back to the stacks.

1 Like

When the majority of music you own is on tapes you are afraid to play, CDs too scratched to play, or inaccesible in iTunes because your iPod has been broken for 10 years.

You’re getting old when you’re talking to a newcomer at a meeting and you ask them if you can add them on Facebook to get them linked in to young ppl in AA and they tell you that “their generation does not use Facebook anymore.” the f??? Their generation I’m only 30… I’m not that old :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: @Englishd

5 Likes

We were telling one of our daughters the other day about how you had to wait for the TV to warm up to watch it. It was pretty revolutionary when the new TVs came out that would come on instantly.

3 Likes

sometimes with a pair of pliers after the knob broke off

3 Likes

My first car didn’t even have a radio - the old lady I bought it from saw that as a luxury.

1 Like

Those were the days😂

You’re getting old when you start sporting granny panties😂