You are missed #2 (Part 1)

Hi!! Thanks for checking up on me :slight_smile:

I am alive and well.

12 Likes

Missing @TMAC on the check in thread! Hope you’re doing well.

7 Likes

Hi Frank!!🙋

1 Like

Hi, good to see you - welcome back!

I’m around, just haven’t felt inclined to talk :slightly_smiling_face: but I’m here.

8 Likes

Has someone seen Jan @crazydutchie?

5 Likes

I think he was worried about the screen time considering his specific addiction

2 Likes

Kinda. @anon89207786 is indeed on a self-imposed break, but not gone. Hope he’s well and we see him when we see him.

6 Likes

That’s very thoughtful @randomlurker. :wink:

1 Like

So he did… Sorry, I missed this and misunderstood.

2 Likes

Any one seen @geo Geoff where are you!?:two_hearts:

6 Likes

How about @anon86726034? Anyone hear from Kevin?

1 Like

Geoff decided to leave the forum. All his posts are now under @anon12657779.

1 Like

I heard he’s doing well. He’s no longer in TS. :confused:

Oh no! I loved Geoff! I found his support very helpful, lovely fella :pensive: Glad to hear he’s doing ok though. I don’t know if I’m supposed to ask this but…will he be back? Or has he gone for ever? Thanks for answering me @Lisa07 and @Dragonflygirl82

2 Likes

@Hailstrom I’ve not seen you post lately but perhaps I missed it. Hope you’re well.

3 Likes

And you too @DungeonMaster. Hope you had a nice holiday and the family is well. Miss your random facts!

4 Likes

Hello @EarnIt and @SinceIAwoke

I’m okay, thankyou for asking. I mean, I assume I’m okay. This year has been what I am going to call my year of denial over a lot of things and relapsing and suppressing that and not properly handling the root of my relapse.

I got to a point a week ago where I knew I had to get sober again. I’ve been doing a lot of searching for moral and ethical guidance, I started reading the Torah (which I still read every day) and I listen to Jordan Peterson extensively and its helping. Weirdly enough, I started reading the Torah about 5 months ago and I was reading it like a story book but then I figured it was more of a guidebook on ‘How not to live’. I haven’t had a drink in 7 days. I wont say that through reading the Torah I found a higher power. But, to quote my current hero Dr Peterson, ‘It wasn’t that I discovered God but I most certainly met Satan. Satan is me and it is terrifying how terrible we are capable of being.’

I never ever want to meet Satan again. I don’t ever want to hurt someone I love again.

1. “Stand up straight with your shoulders back”
  2. “Treat yourself like you are someone you are responsible for helping”
  3. “Make friends with people who want the best for you”
  4. “Compare yourself with who you were yesterday, not with who someone else is today”
  5. “Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them”
  6. “Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world”
  7. “Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)”
  8. “Tell the truth — or, at least, don’t lie”
  9. “Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t”
  10. “Be precise in your speech”
  11. “Do not bother children when they are skate-boarding”
  12. “Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street”
16 Likes

I speak to Geoff semi-regularly. He’s doing great and really enjoying life.

4 Likes

Please can you say hi to him from me. And send him my best wishes. I’m glad he is doing ok. Thanks for letting me know :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Wonderful to hear from you @anon84416494. Glad you are finding sources of inspiration and working toward a more balanced and healthy life.

1 Like