You are missed #2 (Part 1)

You have made my day! Thank you, Matt!

1 Like

Hey Matt! Thanks for checking in on me! I’m now on day 2. I have been up and down. Now taking it day by day. I wasn’t really ready to commit to quitting drinking. Now I’m just “not drinking today”. Hope you all are doing well. I missed the community. :heart::heart:

4 Likes

Yay Chels! That is a good plan. Smart. I don’t know about you but to me the future stresses me out - just thinking about all the random possibilities. Focusing on today, one step at a time, helps me stay grounded.

You always have a community here. It doesn’t matter what the count of days is. You are always welcome, if it’s day 1 or day 100. (And since we’re all taking it one day at a time in recovery, then it’s one day at a time, right?)

What’s on the agenda today? Right now I’m at work & it’s a beautiful sunny day - also very humid & there’s a thunderstorm warning. I’ll probably take a walk after work if it’s safe to do so. What about you?

1 Like

Has anyone heard from @Anh-Uv, I’ve been worried about her

4 Likes

Thanks Matt I appreciate your support as always. I hope you are doing well. I’m at work on my lunch break right now. I’m getting off at 11, so not sure what’s on the agenda for right later. Maybe watch some True Crime when I get off. It’s hard fighting the urge to NOT drink when I get off. Kind of white knuckling it🤦‍♀️

1 Like

At work on lunch break - sounds like you’re working nights! (I’m assuming you’re in North America). That schedule can be tough; it’s tough when you get home late, because you’re all up in your head and everyone else is asleep. :innocent:

I admit I enjoy a good TV binge - at the moment I’m going through Star Trek Discovery (big Star Trek fan) - but also, some time to take walks, work on the garden, do some baking - these are all fun. What do you like to do for fun?

Meetings are a nice way to pass the time; it helps especially at those times where we may feel lonely. (You know the “HALT” triggers: Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired - four things that are trouble :cold_sweat: ) The beautiful thing over the last year is how many have gone online:
Online meeting resources

And there’s also the social zoom meetings with the lovely folks here on TS!

One of the neat things about sobriety is it’s an adventure of learning about yourself. It’s like you discover new parts of yourself every day. It’s a journey :innocent:

1 Like

Anyone heard from @GrnOtterPop ?

1 Like

@marcusmaximus2000
You doing well buddy :pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

She’s good, she’s not here anymore because of a creep on TS i won’t name right now.

3 Likes

Hey, Eric! Thanks for thinking of me!! Doing well, doing well. Not too long ago I celebrated 500 Days sober, and last Friday was 17 full months AF for me!

Been busy with work a lot of the time, and when I’ve had free time I’ve been doing a lot of cycling on the country backroads here in Vermont and doing nature photography. I bought a new (used) car the other day, and am doing the paperwork and red tape to get my license back so I can drive again, so there’s that as well.

In short: busy, but living life on life’s terms. And what has been a pleasant surprise is it DOES work if you work it! Sobriety has done so well for me!! Hope you and all here are doing well also! I’ll be sure to check in more often, I promise!

12 Likes

So great to hear. Real happy for ya. Thanks for the update. I’m sure everyone will be glad to know.
Keep doing what’s working for ya.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

You were missed

16 Likes

@Freeyourmind how’s it going Bart

2 Likes

@DanielleRae hope you’re well! :cherry_blossom:

6 Likes

Miss your presence here @ifs , hope your ok James :pray::heart:

14 Likes

We’re still missing your daily check posts @MrsOdh :star2:

11 Likes

@Lilemm Hope you’re doing well. I miss you lady. :heart:

8 Likes

Hmmmm

Did Maggie leave the forum?

I can’t seem to find her.
:pleading_face:

6 Likes

Please let her know she has been on my mind.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

@Paola_Sciuto, I hope you are still around.

1 Like