You are missed #3

Thinking of you Patty
@Complicatedmama
I hope you are well.
:pray:t2::heart::heart::pray:t2:

14 Likes

Glad to hear that!! Thanks Menno.

2 Likes

Hey there! Tons of snow, but loving it! The green in spring will be worth it!

14 Likes

Proud of you, that must be a difficult decision but also a good one to make.
We are all here for you to support you when you are back :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Hope detox teaches you lots of good stuff so you can stay sober this time :purple_heart: Stay open and willing :blush:

1 Like

Hello Trevor. your message made me sad. I am sorry to hear you are in relapse mode.

I don’t need to be cos you are being real with yourself. the same ability to examine yourself and face your own reality that I have always liked about your posts is exemplified well in this analysis of your situation. so there is nothing for me to tell you other than that you are a capable, intelligent and worthy person who obvs needs some more help and structures in place to be able to overcome addiction and get on w life. It can be done and you can do it. you have what it takes, I am very sure of that.

I dont know how far you’ve come in your recovery before you went back out and how much you’ve been able to get at the reasons of why you use. for me, I am such that I get intensely, backbreakingly depressed and intensely anxious and fearful and paranoid when I face obstacles and emotional conflicts. of which I had many, especially w my family.
that is all still the case, even with 3.5yrs sober. I used to not be able to deal w that, the way I am, so I drank.
I dunno what your deal is. but I know how hard it is to learn to live w the unlive-with-able. so I know it can be done, many ppl do it. they try and try and eventually they learn and they even change to a certain extent.
what is your deal? what do you need to learn to live with and slowly face your handling of in your life? I think you need to start to look at these causes. cos you don’t just use cos you’re an addict, but you use because using has a function in your life, it “helps” you deal with something, tho as we all know, it does not really help.

come back to the checkin. even if you don’t string together days yet, the exchange will do you good. and let’s think what else you can do to get you off the ground again. off the ground Trevor is really damn awesome.

inspiration:
Your #1 tip for sobriety (over 2 years sober)

9 Likes

It’s great to see you friend. Thanks for checking in. :people_hugging:

3 Likes

@Just_Laura thinking of you, hope you’re safe :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

@Miranda Hi :wave: how are you ?
I have alot of catching up to do but thought yesterday I hadn’t seen your posts when I have been reading through.
Wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you :star: and see how you are ?

6 Likes

Oh thank you so much!!! I’ve been meaning to check in. I’m doing ok!!! Over 6 months alcohol free and FINALLY made it past 1 week without any THC. I only started having the low dose drinks and gummies a couple of months after my last drink of alcohol, and they did replace the booze becoming the lesser of two evils, but I needed to quit. Now I’m realizing I need to get back on here because I never was into social media much before, but when I joined TS I read about social media addictions etc and I can see how that can happen!!! I finally started using Instagram and it has snowballed into making me feel not good enough and like I need to be more etc etc oh it’s another black hole. Overall though things are going really well and I really appreciate you checking in I’ve been thinking about everybody here :purple_heart:

13 Likes

Congratulations on your 6 month :sparkler: and your week :fireworks:

Social media does that, you tube shorts get me everytime. I remember watching a family on there a few months back for over an hour feeling they had such a perfect life and we’re so happy, it was nice to see they were grateful but it hurt like I want good enough, sadly I didn’t know when I was watching it 2 weeks before the father has taken his own life. I cried when I found out the next day it really opened my eyes to the sheer pain some can be suffering and that everyone thinks they are ok.
I am not on social media, except for here which I personally don’t class as social media as it’s a safe space for recovery but if I had social medias accounts I guess it all goes together.
It’s great to hear from you and that your doing so well :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@anon9289869, just to let you know I’m thinking of you.

10 Likes

We talk regularly and she is doing well. I know you are just sending a shout out but just wanted to let you know :blush:

10 Likes

@Planipennia Matti are you okay?
I am sure you are and I know you are busy with the new job. Just wanted to let you know that you are missed!

7 Likes

@Jftself Hope things are okay :+1:

11 Likes

@ShadowFax hope you are doing well

7 Likes

Hello Juli,

Thanks for reaching out!

Yes, I’m still very busy learning new stuff about databases and new programs. I hope you are fine?:wink:

7 Likes

Damm… It has been way too long since I posted an update on TS :innocent:

I am doing fine! thank you for asking :blue_heart: Hope you are doing well too Jennifer…

Friday I will post an update :crossed_fingers:

16 Likes

Good to read you :hugs: @Planipennia

Best wishes for further processing
in the new job :v:t2:

I am not sure what it is, but I am okay,
and I am safer. Maybe it’s the recovery dharma meetings I did.

6 Likes

Nice, that you took part in a meeting! :ok_hand: It is a good thing to do!

3 Likes