You are missed #3

Been thinking of you!! Great to see you!!!

2 Likes

Hey chica!!!

1 Like

How are you doing? You have been missed :heart::heart:

1 Like

He should be home from treatment any day now is what Iā€™m thinking.

8 Likes

Wrote a little update on my personal thread :blush:

5 Likes

And a manly scar it is. Like an action-movie hero.

1 Like

@Spartan_Chris how goes the fight my brother?

4 Likes

Hello therr!!!

1 Like

thank you so much for the love!!! so needed!!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

David, @CaptAZ , how is your beard?

5 Likes

Itā€™s as great as ever, starting to get some grays in the sideburns :rofl::rofl:

Not around much, just settled in life and doing the family thing mostly. Been in Arkansas for the last week visiting family and not on my phone much at all.

Hope all is well with you bud!

9 Likes

@miranda thinking of you! Hope all is well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Things have been up and down. :sweat_smile:
22 Days clean from my DOC. 3 Days no drinkingā€¦ Iā€™m trying to get back on track again. Itā€™s hard. The best things usually are though, right? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Absolutely :slightly_smiling_face:

In my experience the times when Iā€™ve stumbled have happened because I hadnā€™t yet really practiced the sober perspective / sober skills to ā€œride the waveā€ when something stressful or unexpected happened in my life. Because I hadnā€™t practiced those skills, I ā€œcopedā€ by turning to the way I had coped for years before that.

Coping with stresses and anxieties is a bit like learning to cook. Weā€™ve been eating junk food for so long that we instinctively turn to the chips when weā€™re hungry. But the more we practice cooking up a healthy and satisfying meal - of healthy strategies for self-care and anxiety management - the more satisfying we find it, and the more automatic it becomes.

Keep it up; donā€™t give up. It is a big change, and no one said it was easy. (Itā€™s pretty simple - but itā€™s not easy.) Youā€™re nothing if not persistent though. You have what you need to do this :muscle:

1 Like

Hey @LaDyLooNtje how are you Ilona ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does anyone know what happened to @farmer ? Heā€™s disappeared and I just wondered if anyone knew if he was ok.

He got upset because thereā€™s an Athiest thread and left.

Ooohhh. Wow. Ok

@Ninetales how have you been?

Thank you Dana. I was really sick with covidā€¦ Finally feeling better but not 100 percent.
I need to check in more often. I have had to reset as the last couple of days I slipped. Iā€™ll be checking in every day starting now.
I havenā€™t really even been keeping up on reading a lot hereā€¦I hope you are well.

9 Likes