You are missed #4

I passed on your message. She’s responded to you, and to us all… I’ll copy & paste, along with two memes she wanted to include:

Joe! -xox-

Happy New Year to you too, as I answer you on the eve of Lunar New Year, the year of the wood DRAGON, a year of power, wisdom, and good fortune.

I miss you all, more than I want to admit, but I’m a woman of standards and my values come first.

Let’s see, what can I share that is permissible here… Well, I’m celiac. YUP. I cannot eat delicious pastries and like sobering up, it’s one grieving period after another. The way I found out is a shitty story, pun intended, and involved my sticking vitamin E up my ass to cure several fissures and hemorrhoids. I’m on the mend, and the blood has rushed back to my face, the vitamins to my nails, and I’m handling this well. I’m learning to use the poor excuse of flour that is gluten free flour to my advantage.

Also like my healing process, I’m still sober, and the journey began at the base of my spine and has worked its way up to my stomach. An area of greater self-awareness and intimate relationships to my fecal matter.

I’ve advanced professionally finally to attend a certification to completely
change the course of my career, which has been in the works for years. Changing paths and trusting myself is proving to be the toughest challenge yet. I’m a confident b*tch, but this is on another level.

I miss this place dearly, no one laughs at my jokes anymore, the world is a bleaker place for this. I ease my mind and heart by reminding myself that nothing lasts, everything transforms, so who knows.

For now, I’m exactly where I need to be. I keep you all in my prayers.

Love – Mel

IMG_4939
IMG_4940

21 Likes

Thanks @Salty.

Well she’s still got a way with words, doesn’t she? And I see she still hasnt lost her spunk. :rofl::rofl:. I have her email again now, so I will shoot her one and check in, at some point

6 Likes

Happy to pass on any messages :blush:

4 Likes

Amazing, I love the whole message. Send my love :heart:

4 Likes

Tell her she and her sense of humor are also greatly missed. That I’m very glad she’s feeling better and on the mend.

4 Likes

@Englishd didn’t see you for a bit, except for a moment yesterday. Hope you’re ok Derek. Or as good as possible anyway.

16 Likes

I’m not sure if the Leaf memes are from you or Mel, but I’m sending the mounties to come get the both of ye

7 Likes

They’re from Mel, but Salty approved :laughing:

5 Likes

That’s it. Straight to Canadian jail, where you will be served dry pancakes and cold poutine

6 Likes

@Binx I miss you. Are you still around? You were always so helpful & encouraging. :people_hugging:

@nastya_is_fighting Nastya! How are you doing? Are you still around? I’d love to hear from you. :people_hugging:

8 Likes

Hey @SelfLove_42 are you still around? Be nice to see you back.

5 Likes

I’d eat cold Poutine. Better cold than none at all!

6 Likes

@J.Thomson are you still with us?
:squid:

2 Likes

@emc2018 Miss your presence here. I think I recall that you were spending a few months in Spain. Hope you had a lovely trip and hope all is well. :people_hugging:

11 Likes

Hey @HolySquid, I’m still here. I just had to take a break from everything and leave for a couple of days because it was all getting to be too much. The drama and the memories of my ex girlfriend around my place was putting me in a very dark place. I thought I was getting over it but then the present I bought her for Valentine’s Day came and I started to spiral. I had to throw it away because I couldn’t return it. It was a custom made gift with our names, the date of our first date with a picture of what the stars and moon looked like on that night. It just all got to be too much so I had to get away for a couple of days. I’m happy to report that I’m still sober and thank you very much for checking in on me. It really means a lot, so thank you. I hope everything is going good with you and yours.

7 Likes

I am glad that you protected your sobriety, it’s really all about dealing with shit and still staying sober. Your story really resonated with me. I am terrible at handling rejection, too. That’s why I know how difficult it must be for you. Please stay with us, share what’s going on and draw energy and hope from the community.

I am grateful you are as good as possible in this situation of yours. I am grateful you are sober. I am proud of you :blush:
:squid:

5 Likes

Thank you so much, I haven’t heard those words in a very, very long time. I don’t remember the last time I have, you just made my day.
It’s been getting better every day but like I said the present showing up really threw me for a loop and it got pretty bad for a few days. But, with everything I’ve learned about recovery and addiction and sheer willpower and a wicked friend I was able to get through those days. Now it’s onward and forward. This will not take me down. And thank you again, your kind words really do mean a lot

6 Likes

@Rockstar24777 how are you doing Robbie? Been some time since we’ve heard from you :people_hugging:

8 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman I’m HERE :wave: 2 years, 2 weeks tomorrow. How have you been hunny?:sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

@anon15828629
Hey Kevin…thinking about you my friend. You have been on my mind and am just hoping you are doing well. :people_hugging:

3 Likes