You are missed #4

@LeeHawk , how are you?

13 Likes

Hey friend! Iā€™m doing great! My stepdad is battling brain cancer, so a lot of time spent with him and my mom. Iā€™m so grateful to be sober. AA and the fellowship has been so helpful in helping me navigate life on lifeā€™s terms. How about you? Itā€™s getting cold here in Midwest!

24 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to hear from you, I figured life had got busy for you. That gratitude will do more to help us stay sober than anything else.

Life is just grand, my kids are on the cusp of taking wing - one graduates college in two months and has a professional position all lined up, the other is in Mexico for a semester abroad, then he has two more semesters to graduate. My dad has gone into hospice - heā€™s not imminently dying, but at 90 he has decided to stop treatment for his brain condition. Heā€™s doing quite well, considering.

Itā€™s a privilege, itā€™s gravy, to be able to be sober and present for our families. :pray:t2:

15 Likes

Me too ! And @GenG .

5 Likes

Havenā€™t been on here in too long. Sorry guys! But Iā€™m almost at 120 days sober woot woot! Had some ups and downs but still staying sober strong. I need to post a proper update! Thanks all for caring and reaching out! :heart::heart::heart:

22 Likes

so great to hear from you Gen - you were missed :hugs:! way to go on your 120 days of sobriety. :muscle:

7 Likes

great to hear from you GenG. Congrats on 120 days. Woot!

5 Likes

Wud up, bro. Iā€™ve been good. Still sober. Staying busy with the family and the kiddos. Iā€™ve been reading a lot on here. I just havenā€™t posted as much. Been dealing with some health issues. The docs got me on antidepressants, they kinda been effin with me, but I think Iā€™ll be alright.

We got the dub last nite. Bolt up!

How are things with you?

Thanx for the shout out!

9 Likes

@crystalclear How are you doing? It has been a while since weā€™ve seen you - hope all is great on your end. :pray:

7 Likes

@Mia2 Howā€™s life treating you Mulan?

4 Likes

Hey Jasmine how nice of you to think of mešŸ˜‡
Iā€™m alright I think. Havenā€™t had much energy for some time and a few other depression symptoms resurfacing a little, but honestly nothing compared to before. Addiction wise, no huge cravings, here and there but endurable. I have been to a therapist five times and have now signed the thing, so I will go for a year. It was thanks to this community that I went and that I stayed. Jasmine I was already calling to quit and you wrote that I should give it another try. :people_hugging: I am grateful and feel humbled and warm.
My brother has decided to go to one as wellšŸ˜‚ Which is amazing bc Im tired of dealing with his mental crap all the time, said lovingly.

I feel peaceful.
I am seeing my mind only as a tool, apart from my conscious self. Im trying to put the tool down and just exist. Thats really the only way that I feel deeply peaceful and good. When Im not thinking literally anything. At all!:joy: Feels what I imagine a hug from god feels like. Or even better: Benzos. I had a short time of being addicted to benzos (pills that take away all worry and anxiety and make you feel existentially comfy and blissfully good, until I ran out). They ofc come at a great cost.
By just existing to exist and completely silencing my mind, I have basically the same effect, if you can believe it. Its crazy. But I dont have to swallow a pill for it, no side effects. Incredible. So all in all, I am extremely grateful for everything.

Big fat amount of love being thrown your way. throwing noise

How has life been treating you?

9 Likes

So lovely to hear from you Mulan :people_hugging:
Grateful that you did find and are staying with a therapist and impressed that you brother is going as well. This is a huge step - hope it helps tighten the bond between the two of you. I do send you some positive energy to help you with the depressive times. :hugs:

Oh sweetheart - this was a lovely line to read and wish you so many deep loving hugs.

Appreciate your kindness and all the love. Same for you my friend. I am well - today is my day (its Halloween :wink: ) so iā€™m giddy like a little kid :laughing: Much love to you :heart:

3 Likes

@tailee17 Hey Lam ā€” Happy Halloween my friend ā€“ havenā€™t seen you in a while and hope you are doing well. :heart:

3 Likes

Itā€™s a huge gift, my friend. Sobriety has given me everything. Just incredible. Glad you are doing good. Iā€™ll be an empty nester in 1.5 years.

8 Likes

Saw your name pop up so just had to say hi! Lee. We miss you around here and I hope youā€™re doing well :heart:

3 Likes

Hey @Mindofsobermike , I hope you found your way back to the meetings, back to the fucking hard work. Itā€™ll get easier and you know that.

16 Likes

Thank you! :heart::heart:
Hehehe hope Halloween was fun!:grin:

2 Likes

Was my first sober Halloween and I had a great time.

7 Likes

Thats freaking amazing! :sunglasses:
Iā€™m proud of you :sunflower:

5 Likes

@Jimmy99 all good there? Long time no see

6 Likes