You are missed #4

Congratulations Laquitta- happy everything is coming together for you :blush:

1 Like

I remember childrenā€™s books about this. Hans Christian Andersen ? Others too. Some might have been German? It kinda kept us in line. :laughing:. I mean, thereā€™s taking away your allowance or television privilegesā€¦.THEN, if that is unsuccessful, there are these really super not nice witches who will give you something to cry about. Hahaha

2 Likes

Hey @JazzyS thanks for kindly checking in. You are a pillar of strength in our community :pray: Iā€™m happy to be going from strength to strength in sobriety through making positive and healthy life choices. For that I am eternally grateful.

TS remains a crucial part in my recovery. I have learnt so much from people like yourself and gained valuable experience supporting people along the way.

My inactivity here has been a part of my decision to make up for lost (sober) time with my loved ones and to keep my mental health in check. Iā€™ve been feeling pressure (from myself) to keep posting and engaging across apps. Itā€™s time for me to step back and take a break.

Iā€™m not leaving, but becoming more of a lurker for now. Thank you and the TS crew for being a part of the new me. My gratitude overflows :pray::heart::muscle:

14 Likes

Awe thanks friend. Thank you for checking in and letting us know how you were doing.
I totally understand the need to take a break from all social media and posting. Glad you are taking the time to spend with you loved ones and are doing so well in recovery. :hugs: :heart:

5 Likes

@Piglet how are you?

4 Likes

@Pica I hope you are well! :heart:

4 Likes

@Becsta how are you :slight_smile:

10 Likes

@Gritmarc
@SoberHorrorFan
@Liljelly
@Alycia
@Rockstar24777

hope you are doing well :hugs:

4 Likes

@Salty how are you faring?

11 Likes

@Sara.eve How are you doing Sara? Thinking of you and sending love :heart:

5 Likes

Hi there! Iā€™m around :hugs: just busy lately. Back from my mum & son adventure out east. It was a whirlwind, but so great for the soul. Iā€™ll have to update on that soon.
Now Iā€™m battling what I assume is one of my kidney stones acting up past few days. Lots of pain & discomfort but Iā€™m hanging in. Thanks for thinking of me. Hope youā€™re well too!

20 Likes

Life is like that, isnā€™t it? Wonderful trip with your little guy (not so little now!) and then, bam! A little reminder that we are not in charge. Thanks for checking back in. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Hi there. I guess Iā€™m doing OKā€“thanks for asking. I appreciate it.

I am doing OK in terms of keeping away from the boozeā€“not perfect, but OK.

Sorry to be a stranger, but Iā€™m going through some horrible ā€œlifeā€ stuff just now. Actually, I think my marriage is probably ending. Itā€™s a difficult, sad time. But, given all that, I guess I am doing OK.

Dark days, but I just need to grind through it.

7 Likes

One of the most profound experiences I had in AA was watching my friend Tracey go through the breakup of a 20+ year marriage. She stayed sober, and was able to share her gratitude for the hard times. She looked for and found circumstances and personal interactions that made her grateful in that time. (More evidence that we see what we look at). Itā€™s easy to feel blessed by basic physical needs like food and a roof and control of oneā€™s limbs. Itā€™s sobriety that aids us to gratitude for being called names and exposing ourselves to hurt, and exposing ourselves to the power to change.

If you are sober today, you are ahead of the game and you are able to handle any circumstance. You are able to seek and accept help. Every little thing is gonna be alright :pray:.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sorry friend! Glad you are not turning to drink to help you through it as that never works.

Hoping for less dark days ahead. We are here for you if you need to talk.
Remember that this too shall pass and that you are not alone :pray:t4::people_hugging:

3 Likes

@Danwood85 How are you doing Dan? Been a minute since weā€™ve seen you. :hugs:

3 Likes

Was thinking about @Jasty2 today, hope youā€™re good bro.

13 Likes

@SinceIAwoke
@Jazzys

Thanks for the support and the insights. Much appreciated.

4 Likes

Yeah @Jasty2 where you at? Hope all is well in your world. :orange_heart:

11 Likes

Missing you too, @Chiron! Hope you are well and thriving, my fellow leo friend. :wink: :orange_heart:

11 Likes