You are missed

Haha that ain’t me :slight_smile: I finished uni about 15 years ago :laughing:

1 Like

It was amazing, thanks! Hope you had a great birthday!

What can I say I am getting old and senile :sob:. I’ll wake up soon

1 Like

@Chad_R, @anon53189373 - Louwho by any chance?

2 Likes

Yeah I might of gotten the two enter mingled. Either way I am glad Surfin is doing well.

1 Like

@louwho was in nursing school. She will be one year sober on January 7.

3 Likes

Louwho was fantastic - posted every day, passed her exams and went to work!

2 Likes

Hey! Thanks for thinking of me. I hit you on PM with my response, but the TL:DR version is this - I’m taking a break. I’ll be back, but don’t look for me for a while.
-Ig

3 Likes

@Soberon5. Where you at brother?

He announced he was not going to post anymore. It was posted in the daily checkins if you want to read his reasoning.

I think you nailed it pretty well. I just didn’t want to say it for him but if he took it down then I’ll sum it up too

@ThePurpleKing brother, we only talked a bit, but would like to get to know ya better.
Hope you’re alright and staying sober.

2 Likes

Your words are appropriate! And I have been around right at a year. I think January 15-20 will be a actual year? This forum is around 18 months old. There are a few that were here before me that still do stay active. Many have moved on and stop by to share updates. Which I love, it’s nice to know how they are doing. When I joined it was about 1/3 as busy so we did get to know eachother pretty good. And yeah we had our differences but that’s okay it’s always been pretty respectful around here. I’d drop some names of some that came before me but you can click on the members profile and see their join date. And mine should really be a few days later than it actually is because I didn’t know about the forum at first (only knew I needed a counter but found this little fantastic community). You will form some bonds with people on here and start routing for them, it’s been a great place for my recovery.

3 Likes

This board has helped me so much!!! I’m not 100% sure but I think in July the board turned a year old (close to that if not). And yes the support around here is given so freely, without ever wanting anything back. This is humanity at its best. And as you learn the person a bit and you see them say some stuff—-soon water will blast from your nose like a dolphin from laughing. It’s good to see you come in and join in and share so freely as well. We need you around here

1 Like

Tomorrow is the big day!!! Thanks for remembering :blush::blush::blush: it means alot!

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:. That is a serious baseboard heater!!

I’m a runner too and love your third photo.
-just perfect!

1 Like

I just took a screenshot of yours. I’ve seen some good posters when running in races, but damn if I can remember.

I’d recommend saving your money on the jogging stroller and getting a babysitter. Running is your me-time to re-energize. Sometimes running with your baby it is great, but many times the baby is fussy and you can’t really run like you want to - and end up aggravated.

Sorry for derailing this thread. Perhaps we can create a running thread on here if there is interest.

2 Likes

I miss @Ray_M_C_Laren wise words as well. Hope he is doing well.

1 Like

I just messaged him, he’s good, says hi to all. Been busy with life and said he’ll try to check in soon.

2 Likes

Great news, thanks for reaching out and sharing.