You are missed

How ya holdin up @Heddy??

1 Like

Hi Gabe, thanks for checking in. I’m hanging in there at Day 122.98. Four months snuck up on me when I wasn’t even looking…or counting. It used to be hard to watch other people drinking, but now it doesn’t so much register. I did a poetry slam in front of an audience and was so nervous. Did it sober. I’ve conquered so many situations that, before, would have required a drink. My mom is end stage Alzheimer’s and I’m grieving with a clear head.

I head to Europe this week. Am I confident I won’t drink? No. It will really be one day at a time. But I’ve already travelled so far and ventured into unfamiliar territory that has stopped feeling daunting. No matter what happens, what I choose, I’ve grown.

8 Likes

What a great word. Conquered indeed!! What a win. Public speaking is a huge fear for most people. It would have been pretty easy To “rationalize” a drink to “take the edge off” or “calm the nerves” But no, you Conquered!!

Ha, what would you say if 123 days ago someone you would be doing a poetry jam bone sober??

Thanks for the share pal. 4 months is a long friggin time!! Congratulations:)

1 Like

Great news @Bill_Phillips - she was such a huge part of the forum and hopefully will be again.

2 Likes

Thank you for not forgetting or giving up on me

3 Likes

Lovely news !! She is missed .tell her the Norwegian said hi

I will thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very very good : Veldig veldig bra :grin::grin::grin::+1:

Im suprised wow half Norwegian :slight_smile: yeah i heard its easier to speak it than writing it when not used to it . Im sure you would be perfectly good travelling Norway. Bodysigns would do it too lol . Our schools does teach English so we not that bad either i guess .

1 Like

Thats cool :slight_smile: and as long as it worked lol win win

1 Like

I am walking on sunshine these days. Life is better and better everyday! I am on to a new project and super excited about it.

Just hit 240 days and feel like this might actually stick!

Went to a great meeting tonight and can’t even express in words the gratitude I feel towards being sober!

6 Likes

Congrats on 240 day that is Great work Gratitute is superb , happy for you :muscle::muscle::muscle:

1 Like

@AndyC555 hope you’re doing well and still piling up the miles running.

1 Like

Thanks. Not doing too bad. Slight relapse recently but seeing it as a long journey not a one round fight.

Your message has helped. :slight_smile: much appreciated.

5 Likes

Pick yourself up and get back on the track mate. Hope nothing too crazy happened.

2 Likes

hey @TheSundanceKid haven’t seen you around in a minute. Just wanted you to know you are missed. Hope you are thriving and all is well!

3 Likes

oh good! Yeah that would be cool. I don’t always notice if someone gets on or catch all the check ins. Glad to hear it! :facepunch:

Haha I feel like I am too. But it’s my last and most helpful social media app left! I think if we’re going to be addicted to something this a great app to be addicted to! Just sayin. Baby steps.

6 Likes

Lmao Autumn! We all know that moderation is not possible!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

How are you @MrsJones