You are missed

So beautiful!!

(waving) HI @marsha and Kenya ladies!

@ablane890 How are you doing?
You started the sober 2017 challenge that helped me jump on board.

1 Like

Well I’m good but I had to reset. I made it 110 days and had some problems in my relationship with my girlfriend and fell off. But good thing is I’ve gone back to drinking we made up and all is well now. I recommitted to it and my goal is to get over 110 days this time.

8 Likes

This is awesome :blue_heart: I often think of my sober fam often. I’m not as engaged with feedback as much at the moment, due to backpacking and spotty WiFi access. But when I need inspiration, i come back to this safe space :blue_heart: thank you everyone for being there!

3 Likes

@Asprinkle We miss you here too

1 Like

Good to see you back here! There’s still a lot of 2017 left to conquer. You can beat 110

Thanks for checking in on me! I’m still here and 60 days sober. I had previously posted about trying to forget about alcohol instead of just stop drinking so that’s what I’m trying. I used to check the app around once an hour, which kept me sober but was still a constant reminder. Now I only check in when I have a craving and it’s working.

10 Likes

Hey @Sparky congrats and I am so glad to hear that!

And we are lucky to have you… especially the unicorns among us :slight_smile:

Hi all!

Heading home today. It is a bittersweet departure. Here is a pic of Jessica an 8 yr old with downs. Her parents discarded her when they discovered she was challenged.

16 Likes

What an amazing time it looks like you’re having @marsha!
I was lucky enough to spend some time in the more rural areas of the Natal in SA some years ago. The kids could bring a tear to your eye, they were so happy-go-lucky and cheerful, yet they had nothing.

3 Likes

hi everyone!!! sorry for being MIA! i took my 60 day chip yesterday, still attending meetings daily and searching for a new sponsor ! i’ve been balancing two jobs and by the grace of my higher power just landed a really amazing third job that will give me everything i need and more and will allow me to quit my other jobs :slight_smile: couldn’t be happier with the gifts of the program! god is good​:heart: thanks for reaching out

9 Likes

I am here! 35 days sober and feeling good. How about You?

5 Likes

I’m still here! I’ve been extremely busy, but I do pop in and browse! I have not maintained sobriety, but have been limiting myself. No hangovers here in months. I’m also training to be a group fitness instructor at my gym. Actually, my friend and I have decided to challenge ourselves this month before a girls trip to not only weight-loss challenge, but to cut alcohol completely to see wht changes it has on our weight and overall health. Good to see everyone’s updates.

2 Likes

Also, I have a Facebook group “These Fit Girls”. A group for girls to get together for support with goals, food, weight-loss, etc. If you’d like to join, message me and I can add you😃

1 Like

@Phishface09 glad to hear you are doing well! I think this thread was enlightening. Just because we haven’t seen a member post recently, does not mean they are necessarily relapsing or doing badly. People just may be switching focus or support.

…so guess I can’t join ‘these fit girls’ :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve taken a break from the whole sober app thing. It was making me think more about drinking than not. If that makes sense. I’m still kicking. Just not checking in as much :slight_smile:

10 Likes

It totally does! “What you think about, you bring about”. This apps purpose is focused around addiction and definitely can impact our journey in a way we didnt intend if we aren’t careful. I’ve been here too. All my love and sparkles !

2 Likes

@FreshOffDenial…Hi Rob, been a while, life got busy, still sober and loving life though. Just got my year on 3/7/17. How have you been?

4 Likes