You are missed

@Pleausy, how the hell are you? I know you were going through a lot. Hope you are still trucking.

3 Likes

Yessssss ! I need to learn and listen what’s going on inside my heart and mind. I’m starting therapy next week and I just have to step away from that first drink. Thanks :pray:t2: for your words

3 Likes

I’m starting to really believe that alcohol is poison to me , like if I was really allergic or something. My dad was the typical alcoholic, or at least he portrait what I thought an alcoholic would look like. Drinking every day , he was very calm and quiet , he would come home after work and listen to music or watch a movie with a glass of whiskey in his hands , after a few years his finances and work and everything else crumble because of his drinking. Then the nightmare started I remember him drinking from 9 am to midnight … hen wasn’t able to work or do much , he gain a lot of weight and was very isolated at that time … he almost died until I manage to convince him to go to rehab and thanks God became sober. Why I’m telling you this ? Because this is not my story. I could say that I’m a very good mom , god friend I’m very very responsable and someone you can trust I can even drink a few times and Behave “normal” but then it happens : I binge , so hard and do things that I don’t remember or I would never do sober … I feel super ashamed and miserable and a few months ago I started asking my self why I was doing this ? A few years ago this events would happened maybe once a year o every 3 years , now it’s every week and when I drink I can’t think , I don’t have any will I just want to keep drinking and pass out. My oldest son ,14, tells me : mama please don’t drink , you hurt your self and this Brakes my heart. He even told me I don’t want you to be like grandpa , I don’t want you to become an alcoholic …
so it’s about time for me to get my self together an admit I can’t control it. I will keep trying and even if it’s very hard to come back and come clean and be honest, at least I know there’s is hope and people here are sober and happy.

4 Likes

@anon2074485 I am just assuming you are on vacation

1 Like

Did she include this forum?

1 Like

3 Likes

Ahhh - I’m glad to see you. Oh my goodness - how many years did I know I needed to quit before it finally stuck? The important thing is that you are trying again, taking care of yourself, and working to make a better life for you! I’m sorry things have been so rough. Depression is a beast - but sounds you are using all the right tools to deal with it.

2 Likes

Where’s @Steve’O was admin when I first joined and gave some good advice?

@Edinchel please let us know how you are

1 Like

Hey Derek, I’m doing good :wink: Sadly I’m not on vacation lol. I tried to cut my online time bc I was constantly online on my phone or computer :relieved:

9 Likes

I was gonna “miss” you this morning! I knew you were hanging back on the socials but I miss your goofballness!

Chad R was a great member. I’m sad he decided to log off, but grateful for his time here.

1 Like

@Ninetales it’s only been a couple of days, but I’m used to you checking in daily almost.

3 Likes

He has a different name, but hasn’t been on regardless

This place goes through phases, for sure.

I took a couple of months off around December/January. Came back refreshed and ready to watch the chaos. :joy: I think I remember thinking you were gunna get the boot.

1 Like

@Li5a how are you holding up?

It’s been pretty boring since the great cheesecake debate ended.

I’ve been thinking about her too. And @happyfeet!

We miss you while you’re gone but we totallt get it!

1 Like