You are missed

Congratulations on the safe and sober delivery of your son. :pray:

Thank you. I know I should be focusing now on the times before she was sick, but at the moment I find it hard not to think of her final days. I saw her on Mother’s Day, when she’d already started refusing food. She was so sad. Her body was paralyzed by then, she couldn’t even move her arms. When I left, I heard her call my name, but I didn’t go back, and now wish I had. It was no small feat for her to remember my name and fight through all the plaque and tangles to call it out. It was meal time, and I thought they’d have better luck feeding her without my distraction. I tried to feed her, but she didn’t want it. I’m haunted that I didn’t return on the 9th day of her active dying, but my heart was just shattered and she was a shell. I tried to be with her for 8 days so I could be with her when she passed. No one could believe she was still hanging on. I think back to all the days over the last 8 years of the disease where I wish I held onto her tighter, but I was having my babies then and only had so much resources to go around. She lived next door to me for 4 of those years, and I did my best. I do worry it will be a long journey back to being able to think of her as anything other than having Alzheimer’s. I have had days when I do wish I had the luxury of numbing out. But I’m still here.

That is so much to deal with. If there is anything we can do in the way of providing distraction or something please don’t be shy. I get wanting to be alone too though.

Thinking about you tonight @Lula74 Hope you are doing well!

Dear Heddy, I am so sorry for your loss. You have been a great support for your mum. I will pray for her at Mass today, may she rest in peace.
Take care, be kind to yourself. This is hard.

@Annie_Craton hope you’re well.

@Heddy so sorry for your loss, I’m not sure how I’d handle that if I were in your shoes. Keep her in your thoughts, know that she’s in a better place. Stay in the present and don’t forget to enjoy life because it’s still happening, and those around you still want and need you in their lives.

Very sorry for your loss @Heddy. I wish you peace, love and strength to get through these difficult times.

@Twowaymirror don’t make me call you

Glad to see you here! I haven’t been on the forum much as I’ve been focusing on other things. Sorry to hear you’re going through some stuff, sending well wishes your way.

He liked my stuff on Instagram yesterday so he’s around somewhere!

I’m going to text him tonight. I will let everyone know lol

@PunkRockJeanna hope you’re doing well

Thank you for the feedback. And happy to see you are ok

@SobahCobra79 tell us how you’re doing

Hi @Pleausy how are things? Not seen you check in for a little while…

@Twowaymirror where you at??
@Englishd did you ever text him?

I was wondering this last night too

Yeah he’s doing well. He just needs to check in here more often

@Betterbee are you out in the wilderness again?

I broke down and messaged him on Instagram. :joy: