You are missed

@Longhorn you doing alright?

2 Likes

I’m doing fan fucking tastic!!! Sorry I haven’t been on here for a while…I’ve been caught up with college and living an amazing sober life! How are you doing @Englishd?

10 Likes

Wallowing in sobriety and happiness lol

2 Likes

@alpine_1975 - here’s hoping your doing well.

One day at a time? We are all mortal and fragile. You and your husband can only do what you can with the energy and physical capacity you have. I hope his time off really gives him the time he needs to get healthy and plan his next moves.

I know the stress of a threatened move. My home is threatened by the city perhaps making my neighborhood unlivable. I cry about it sometimes. My neighbours and I are working on political action and lawsuits. It’s tiring.

That one lesson of AA applies to me here. Always acceptance. We might win, we might influence the election, we might not and either way I might have to move. My only choice is to accept it. So I grieve for the happy times I planned in the garden which I just finished last year and then move on to the next task. I am not religious but I think prayer must be much like acceptance. Acceptance involves building faith that you will get through this. You can handle it.

In these troubles I hope you find some relaxation options that don’t keep you tied to alcohol and its added problems.

2 Likes

@Seanfox787. Hope you’re hanging in there buddy

@Nullcorp. Hope all is well bro. The same goes for you @SobahCobra79😉

1 Like

Yep. @Neighbrofthebeast668, holler at us! I miss your trash talking (and your wisdom).

1 Like

@Rosey did you get married yet? Come give us updates!

2 Likes

I did!!! On Saturday. And I could NOT be happier!

31 Likes

Good looking family you have there

1 Like

thank you! I think so. Obviously :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Oh my word. You are stunning! What a beautiful family!

2 Likes

aww thank you!

1 Like

Such wonderful news, and such a beautiful new family! Thanks for sharing this, Rosey!

1 Like

I’m so happy for you :heart_eyes: Congratulations :kissing_heart::heart:

1 Like

@Mobius I haven’t seen you post in a while, how are you doing?

3 Likes

Hey, thanks for checking in, I’m OK, still sober which is great but it’s been a tough couple of weeks. Got fired from my job, apparently you can’t tell customers to “have a really nice fucking day” who knew :man_shrugging:. There were a couple of times since then I’ve really craved getting wasted but they passed fairly quickly, just boredom now until I start back at my old job in a week or so. Anyway, appreciate the love being spread again on Talking Sober, stay safe :heart:

13 Likes

Hello! Man, I’m glad to see you. Sorry to hear about your job, but I’m awfully glad you have another one in the wings. Well done on keeping perspective and staying sober.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Amazing.

3 Likes