You are missed

I been thinking of you too @Fenix! Also @WhiteDoves and of course @JohnSee. Stop by and drop us a line!

7 Likes

@LeilaBird @Blueroom Thank you for checkin me up. Really means a lot. Don’t know what to say. I am depressed… nothing more, nothing less. Just depressed. Have no desire to type. No desire to do anything. Me moving here for awhile didn’t help, just pushed me into more depressed mode. BF is being supportive, but is that enough? Dunno, I never was a person that opens and type much and in this state I type even less. Not sure when black cloud over my head will vanish… but it is what it is… and yes, for now, despite all… still sober. Day 160.

7 Likes

Hi @LeilaBird. Thanks for thinking of me! :slightly_smiling_face: After a few weeks of shaky attempts at sobriety, I finally reset my counter 12 days ago. Trying to refocus my plan on the real problem - lack of employment. I’ve been replying to people who message me, but not posting in general yet.

8 Likes

Im so sorry you’re down. But great job staying sober through it. I hope the cloud passes soon.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the person that created this wonderful thread (@Naturehippy) has gone M.I.A. herself. We miss her and love her, wherever she is :heartpulse:

7 Likes

Thank you guys so much! If I told you what happened to me you wouldn’t believe it. I’ve been in a nightmare… an absolute nightmare and haven’t had any access of communication with the outside world . I had managed to stay sober for a total of four months, a personal record but ended up relapsing a couple weeks ago when the forces against me became just to strong. I apologize for just dropping off the face of the planet, but if I could only write the truth you would all surely faint in disbelief of just how insane the truth can actually be! I’ve missed you all very much! Thank you for remembering me. @Elisabeth @Melrm

7 Likes

Thank you dear friend. I messaged you privately with a cliff notes version of my living nightmare. Thank you for missing me as you were greatly missed also

4 Likes

Hey @Ashe and @Janelle! Haven’t seen you around for awhile! Everything okay??

2 Likes

I am so glad to hear from you!!! You’ve been missed.

I relapsed too, what happened girly? You literally fell off the face of the social media planet. Are you back on IG now?

1 Like

Hi @Naturehippy, we are all honored with your presence. Thanks for checking in with us. Hope you won’t be a stranger. We all think you’re awesome!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! That means so much! I know you all have impacted me greatly, but to think that I’ve made a small dent with my presence here overwhelms me with purpose that I’ve been lacking. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

3 Likes

I hope I was missed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I also hope your doing okay. We are all a unique bouquet aren’t we?!

3 Likes

Yay, glad you’re still with us!
Sorry to hear you relapsed, but great to hear you’re back on track :sunny: :rainbow: :star2:

1 Like

Thanks oliver. You are the first actual personal reply ive gotten on this app. Sorry ive been offline, i dont come here unless i am sober. I had some eye opening experiences with my good friend when he hit rock bottom. It takes a bit out of you to support someone through a melt down like that and then i started to struggle the last couple weeks. I am back on day 3. Honestly i dont know how long i will stay here i havent really connected with anybody on this app yet.

1 Like

Please don’t feel you need to stay away if your not completely sober. One can be physically ‘sober’ but still mentally enslaved by the obsession of using their drug of choice. Try to think of long term sobriety like learning a new language, the best way is by immersing yourself with the culture. Not everyone learns a new language at the same pace and not everyone adapts right away, but the more you hang around this app and those who have been living the sober life for a while, the faster you’ll pick up tips and tricks that will help not only you, but maybe your friend too!

2 Likes

Honestly i had made the descision to go back to moderate drinking but just recently seeing my buddy relapse into full blown alcoholism has made me want to give sober life another chance. I just started drinking heavily again up in the 12-15 units per nights range again so thats why i am back. I need to connect with some folks for support this time to keep it going.

2 Likes

We’re more than willing to connect with you. Just reach out and share.

2 Likes

Thanks i never really figured out the app to be able to tell who is actively posting. Im kinda lost really i was sober for 23 days on my first quit.

3 Likes

This is a great idea for thread. Just a little hey missing you is gona keep me from drinking today. Im really feeling crumbly.

1 Like