You are missed

Something similar happened to me after having quite a significant length of time on my sober counter- a personal record besides. If I had reached out like @Melrm said and didnt isolate myself I could’ve spared myself the pain of having to start again. And it is truly like starting again. My sleeps messed up, I’ve gained back a few of the lbs I had lost, and the fine lines that were starting to fade now look like canyons around my eyes. Lets both keep it going! =)

I hate that newly vulnerable feeling and today it’s been on my mind too. But going through and reading old posts from ones who have conquered these hurdles helps. Three days your over the hump, seven days your over the hurdle, 30 days you’ve conquered a mountain! We are here for you!

2 Likes

I am starting over yes but glad i dont gets the alws. Sleep is messed up yes using melatonin. I had been an ex smoker using low nic vape and i quit doing that so i thought i had really gotten a handle on things.

@Nate_Harbison you are missed
@Mamabee you are missed

2 Likes

Now i am unmissed. Glad to.be back.

3 Likes

Thanks Mel :slight_smile:️ I really enjoy talking with you​:purple_heart:

1 Like

@Jasmine69 wonder how you’re doing

1 Like

Hi guys! I haven’t put together a long streak of days yet, but I’m working towards recommiting. Between this hellish separation I’m going through and working 15 hour days I feel I’m drowning in sorrow and grief… then I drink and feel even worse… “Isn’t it ironic?.. don’t ya think?”

4 Likes

That’s how it is unfortunately but keep fighting the good fight and glad to see you still popping in here, you will get there eventually, I am so sure of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Long streaks under your belt or not, you’re missed on here! I learned a lot from you and you’ll have even more to teach when you come back for a while :wink: Happy vibes to you and know you are in the thoughts of many!

3 Likes

@lizak Where have you been? I miss your hearts!

@Quash How are you holding up?

5 Likes

@Fenix miss youuu!!

2 Likes

@Shelbyeriss and @nillafresh - always made the forum sparkle. Hope you’re both doing well!

4 Likes

Awe thank you!! I’ve just been super busy with home life. I was generous and let a friend stay with me for a couple days which turned into months. Got to the point he was screaming at me punching walls telling me I was lucky we weren’t alone. He wouldn’t leave my home until I had to get a protection order on him. I gave him 30 days and he told me at the end of those 30 days he’s gonna stay as long as he wants. Now since the judge put the official order in place he’s saying he’s going to ruin my life and all this and all that. Super fun stuff! But I am on day 146 very proud (: my knee is still messed up from my injury trying to get that taken care of. Just keep pushing through the pain! But I’ve also found since I’ve been sober I love cooking! Ive always known how to cook some things but I just enjoy it now. Look up recipes to make for the family. Never thought I would lol. But if I wasn’t good at it I probably wouldn’t like it lol. How have you been??

4 Likes

Hi - great to hear back from you!
I’m lucky enough to be over 250 days, and that booming voice telling me I can drink now, go on have a couple, is just a game of whack a mole for the moment!
It’s amazing to hear that you’ve got to 146 (147 days now), especially with your knee problems, however you did seem quite determined, even after a short time on the forum.
And it’s also amazing that you’ve achieved it after this awful situation you’ve been put through.
There’s a saying about the Devil tricking his way into a person’s house and then causing havoc - it sounds a bit like your ‘friend’ tricked you and then acted in exactly the same way.
It’s also very sad that you should have this in your life when you’re already wrestling with other very serious issues - you must have felt like Job in the Bible!
To have had that going on in your own home… you’re a VERY strong person is all I can say!
So good to hear you’re working theough it all and you’re enjoying baking.
You hang in there, it can only get better!

2 Likes

@LeilaBird ,@quash, Thanks that’s nice to know… I’m doing ok. Been busy with treatment, trying to fight another battle. Useing, my strength and guidance to function and mentally get down this road that has been laid before me. I hope you all are well and are puting your sobriety and clean time first, not allowing lifes journey to overwhelm you… Remember your higher power for strength and guidance, and believing in yourself is the most important thing… :heart::heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::blue_heart::pray::hugs: 408 days still clean.

8 Likes

Thanks for getting back to us @lizak

408 days! I am sure your strength will serve you well. I wish you all the best with your treatment.

3 Likes

@Naturehippy

I’m still here :slight_smile:

10 Likes

The only good varmit poontang is a dead varmit poontang lol.