You Know You're Getting Old When

When you make a joke to a coworker about clippy the paper clip and then have to explain :paperclip: :woman_facepalming:t2:

14 Likes

This happened to me over the weekend…

When you’re given you’re first “Senior Discount” at the movie :clapper: theatre… . without even asking for it!!!

11 Likes

I was in the pub once with my partner (she is only 5 years younger than me) and a bloke said " Do you mind if I give your daughter a game of pool?"

Seriously!!!

7 Likes

When you have to explain to your younger coworkers what is a floppy disk :floppy_disk:

10 Likes

I got a fine sometime last summer and the police officers were so young. I was so distracted and I thought to myself: ‘How am I supposed to take those kids seriously? :flushed:

9 Likes

I know that I’m getting old because every dammed illness needs donkey’s years to heal and me to recover fully from it. ×making grumpy noises×

6 Likes

Here you go, hope it helps! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

I know I’m getting old, cuz I still have vhs tapes and caterer tapes but nothing to play them on but I can’t let them go cuz they are still “valuable “???!!!

8 Likes

Ha! Even autocorrect does t recognize cassettes, now I’m really old!

10 Likes

awwww, love it :orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I had a little flashback today to when nothing was open on Sundays, not even grocery stores.

Then they opened on Sundays, and if I recall, my folks were all “WHAT is this world coming t- …Hey, we need milk.” :wink:

8 Likes

Saw a customer at work today I knew and somehow remembered from 35 years ago :exploding_head:

8 Likes

You know you are old when you reach for depends and check how many are left in the package🦁

5 Likes

When someone calls you by your dad’s name cause you look the same and walk the same

5 Likes

I was also, 150 miles away from my dad. I was at the VA and i heard someone call his name out. Scared the crap out of me

5 Likes

I’m shopping at the grocery store right now, and they’re playing “Whip It” by Devo over the loudspeakers. Geez, I feel like a dinosaur!

5 Likes

You know you’re getting old when the teens of today is starting to wear the clothes and accessories that was popular when you where in High school.

It’s surreal, today’s kids/teens and young adults (my daughter included) looks like copies of the cool kids when I was in High school.
And sings 90’s song because they are “trending on TikTok”

10 Likes

Still closed in my village. They close at 12 or 13.00 (Lunchtime) Saturdays and open again Monday morning.

5 Likes

I was in Berlin last year and on Sunday everything was closed. Crazy!

I know I’m getting old when the young medical doctors that are my colleagues in the detox are covered in tattoos and have septum piercings.

10 Likes

YES. The grocery store here knows who, or what age demographic, shops when - and plays the top 40 soundtrack of their youth. The after work hours? Well last week it was Caribbean Queen, She’s an Easy Lover, something by Huey Lewis and the News…
I don’t think it made me buy more… :expressionless:

5 Likes