You Know You're Getting Old When

Thanks for the new term to add to my list of reasons I’m not old :disguised_face:

4 Likes

This is a part of my morning routine as well. Slip ons or bare feet are my staple footware.

3 Likes

@Klh1998 and @tailee17 I’ve left before the main act came on at 9pm too. It would’ve been cheaper to burn the money and watch them on YouTube.

3 Likes

When I was 14 I learned how to type on old, manual typewriters that were probably from World War 2! Then in high school I progressed on to IBM Selectrics.

4 Likes

You know your getting old when you hear someone ass getting whooped and you turn to look and is only on a video game and then

I feel disappointed it’s not for real.

3 Likes

You know when your getting old
When you hear the phrase

Eat it naked

Means no salad dressing

2 Likes

We have one of those typewriters, my 14 y/o love everything that’s old. It belonged to my great grandfather. Unfortunately we can’t use it because it’s broken. It stands next to the 14 y/o computer as a decoration. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

…when you hear “Mmmbop” by Hanson playing on the classic rock station.

4 Likes

My kids still have those and still pop them with rocks even if I tell them not to.

It fits some of their cap guns while the other ones have those round things. Frequently used at the Old West/wild west theme park we plan to spend the summer at :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Feel like I need to lay down a bit after reading this. :laughing:

2 Likes

You know you’re getting old when you’re dressing rather comfortable than fashionable before getting out of the house.

Bringing an umbrella because “It feels like it might be rain”

And trying to get home before 20.00 because that’s already late.

7 Likes

I used to take a hammer and whack an entire role of these at once, so it would sound like a bomb going off.

2 Likes

I know I’m getting old when I do a 170 km bike ride and most of the time I have no idea where I am as I follow the route I set days before on my my gps/bike computer. And I talk about this on a small ferry with two other cyclists who look extremely old and we share memories how we used maps and always knew exactly where we were.

11 Likes

@Klh1998 and @50ber Funny thing the opposite is true at my local pop temple, Paradiso in Amsterdam. I think it has something to do with shows having to finish at a certain time these days. Shows start on time now. I’m getting old. I remember Shane MacGowan was supposed to be playing at 20:30 some 20 years ago, and he was finally dragged onto the stage 3 hours later.

7 Likes

Sweatpants are the new dress pants, as far as I’m concerned

6 Likes

I’m not going to give my boys that idea :laughing:
It sounds awesome but It’ll probably give me a minor heartattack.

3 Likes

And Bum bags are the new handbags.

I guess you would call this Fanny Pack…which is so so so wrong :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Yes Ive seen them. Wouldn’t be caught dead in one. :rofl:

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with a cute matching sweat set with pants and sweater. Color coordinated of course :smiling_face:

5 Likes

You know you’re getting old when you need your shampoo and soap to be on a shelf in perfect height in the shower sp you don’t have to bend down on the floor to use them.

Because if you do you might not get up.

8 Likes