You Know You're Getting Old When

Only the rich people had cable or computers back in my day

7 Likes

Got the same 2… Glad that our generation got to experience life without all the gadgets :smiling_face:

8 Likes

We had encyclopedias at home, but there were publised during the Eisenhower Administration.

7 Likes

12 Likes

I checked everyone except for AOL or myspace :laughing:

7 Likes

you know you’re getting old when a rocking chair feels like a roller-coaster

6 Likes

people call at 9Pm and ask did i wake you??

6 Likes

AOL and My Space.
Our encyclopedias were 1911 so we went to the neighbors. Later, new ones for us because new baby in the family.

8 Likes

I scored a 1.

My dad’s best friend was in sales with World Book. We got a 1 year old edition at a discount, but as I recall, my dad still had to make time payments, and we would get a new volume every month or so. All my knowledge throughout elementary school came from the latest information of 1966.

8 Likes

Scored a 1. Never had a MySpace.

3 Likes

When I can’t do push ups anymore

7 Likes

I’ve yet to redeem my Senior discount for coffee at McDonald’s.

7 Likes

Ah, yes…AOL dial-up internet. You had to have the patience of Job to use it, because it was slow as molasses.
220px-America_Online_logo.svg

9 Likes
  1. When I participate in a fitness challenge here doing push ups and my shoulder is giving me hell ever since.

2. And I had 'm all except for AOL but I’m not American. I do have and still use yahoo mail and hotmail. Does that give me bonus points? And I was a user of De Digitale Stad, our local usenet that started in 1994. On dial up of course with a modem that had a speed of a whopping 2400 baud if I remember correctly. Probably not, I’m old.
    image1.jpg

10 Likes

12 Likes

People Don’t use yahoo or Hotmail anymore?
I do got a Gmail for easy login so I don’t have to remember every freaking password.

But for some things I still very much use yahoo mail.

9 Likes

I didn’t hear that :laughing:

2 Likes

When a newly-met colleague who is about my same age makes a jokey reference in a mixed-age group of academics to some old TV show and immediately tacks on the “Yeah, it’s only us old geezers that will get it”, and you think to yourself “Well, you’re in good company, pal”. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

I have been trying to get AI to make an image for me. We get close then it completely goes haywire and keeps making the same ridiculous mistakes. I got frustrated and asked it if it was on drugs. It assured me that it cannot use drugs. After another session I started chewing its ass like I would if a human was this hard to deal with. I’ve invested quite a bit of time, now I’m cut off from generating to many images. all of the images were wrong, and Im worried that AI is going to send the terminator after me for talking shit.

20 Likes

16 Likes