You Know You're Getting Old When

When no one but me remembers him.

11 Likes

Wrong! I remember him like yesterday. :grin:

2 Likes

You know you’re getting old when you reply to a topic that says, “You Know You’re Getting Old When…” :rofl:

16 Likes

…you need to focus really hard to be able to read texts on the screen in the office :smiling_face_with_tear:
…you need to stretch while still in bed so you don’t stumble on the first meters after getting up
Damn I’m 43 NOT 80 :sob:

13 Likes

I don’t feel so alone about this any more - I thought I was broken! :joy: I’m not broken. I’m classic.

giphy

12 Likes

Moving right along :notes: you don’t want to hear me sing it but I do in my own space! :hugs:

7 Likes

You know you are old when you know that the line preceding this song is “a bear in his natural habitat, a Studebaker”. :crazy_face::rofl:
You are also old if you say this line when you slide behind the wheel of a car holding your older sisters and it still gets a laugh.

8 Likes

When you shave your head and tell yourself it’s fashion when really your just murdering your grey hairs :grinning:

12 Likes

You remember this and were actually good at.

9 Likes

When you can remember saving cereal box tops to send in to Kellogg’s to get some toy or prize.

Or your Mom collected Blue Chip stamps from the grocery store.

13 Likes

Oh this reminds me!

Does anyone remember those sea monkeys being advertised in comics?

7 Likes

Yep. Those were a scam! They didn’t look ANYTHING at all like the illustration in those ads, either.

How aboout “Super Elastic Bubble Plastic”? It wound up being taken off the market because it was toxic. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Oh I missed the bubble plastic! Might be I’m too old? :joy:

I heard the sea monkeys were just brine shrimp? No matter, just glad my parents gave no oxygen to my sea monkey and magic rocks dreams… :smile:

10 Likes

Now THESE were cool! I had 'em. Make your own stalagmites. :+1:

4 Likes

Oh sh*t. I did miss out! :see_no_evil:

Is it too late? Maybe we should start a “you know you’re getting young again” thread? Where we can all eat sugary cereal, build bike ramp jumps with scrap plywood in the middle of the street, load up our shitty walkmans with 16 batteries, indulge in any other semi-safe (but sober of course) missed activities of our bygone youths? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

And yet we all survived.

4 Likes

Don’t forget sliding down an uneven hill side on piece of cardboard. :hugs:

9 Likes

I had a “snap crackle pop” beach towel. I saved labels from everything. I even have a “Jolly Green Giant” jigsaw puzzle.

Campbell soup labels too

8 Likes

In those days you had to work for it…and wait for what felt like an eternity to receive it in the mail. Now you just swipe your credit card and it shows up tomorrow.

8 Likes

I’m in!!!
To be honest I did kind of today.
I showered with my cloths on to remove all the grass because I didn’t want to clogg the washer. Reminded me of when our parents washed us down with the garden hose because we were dirty as fuck :joy:

You are getting old when you get why your parents didn’t allow too dirty cloths going into the washer and you put yourself under the shower for pre-wash :wink::joy:

10 Likes