You Know You're Getting Old When

Went to a local store, was at the self checkout and the kid runs over and types in a discount code. Giving me a seniors discount! Saved me money but I was so annoyed! That was a first.

11 Likes

Ha yeah I remember that corn flakes for reflective bicycle spoke clips shaped like a rooster :rofl:

3 Likes

You know your old when you can remember these guys and the whole troll craze :grinning:

16 Likes

Yep. Those things were creepy.

3 Likes

I sent in Sugar Frosted Flakes boxtops to get a Tony the Tiger figurine. I still have it, too.

10 Likes

Just move to a small farmers village in Sweden.
My kids get to eat all the sugary cereal they want (preferably American colorful ones that we doesn’t have, that they end up disliking anyway because they’re too sweet)

Builds a little whatever they get ideas for at the moment. Last week it was “slingshots” with an empty toilet paper roll and balloons. The paper ended up breaking so they used plastic pipes instead :laughing:

No broken legs yet, and luckily no windows either.

8 Likes

My sister had a gigantic one as her “Teddy bear” towards the end he only had one eye, a broken arm and a half hear.

She scared kids at the playground with that one. She still has it but he’s tucked away in a closet because he scared her now husband as well :laughing:

6 Likes

When the new VP candidate is younger than you by a whole decade.

11 Likes

We made these slingshots out of rubber gloves and copper pipes, and we used dried peas as ammunition. It hurt awfully, and a lot of crying was going on.

9 Likes

That’s awesome. We used to break plastic coat hangers and used the “pipes” (The middle section that was for hanging pants) to shoot peas :laughing:

I’m not teaching my boys that :laughing:

6 Likes

You know you’re getting old when the roomba seems to have a better plan to get across a room, than you do.

10 Likes

When younger generations now address you as “Sir” and not “Dude”.

Actually, I can live with that one. :wink::+1:

15 Likes

A kid called me mam one time I had to hug :people_hugging: it :laughing:

8 Likes

I was raised to always say yes ma’am and yes sir so even if I’m like at Starbucks and I’m ordering from a kid I always answer that way

8 Likes

You know you are getting old when you wear surgigal hose when it’s 33 °C outside because your varicose veins hurt more than the stockings make you itchy & scratchy from sweating :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

8 Likes

When you’re on a long roadtrip and you hear the sound of heavenly voices singing when you spot a restroom.
images (1)

8 Likes

We do too, even my kids does that to us.
I blame my southern family and friends.

4 Likes

You know you’re getting old when you and your husband are looking in the mirror together and says: Gosh we’re getting old,at the same time. And then laugh so you strain your neck. :laughing:

10 Likes

Last week I received some adverts in the mail from the Neptune Society. I guess I’d better get some plans in order for “the Big Sleep”.

:headstone:

7 Likes

You brought the topic up. I heard about this recently

Human composting is a way to dispose of human remains by transforming them into nutrient-rich soil using microbes. It’s also known as natural organic reduction (NOR), terramation, or soil transformation, and is an environmentally-friendly alternative to cremation and traditional burial

5 Likes