You Know You're Getting Old When

I have never heard of this. Very intriguing, though. :thinking:

3 Likes

Let us hope you will be around a long time before the end. Who knows what they will come up with in the future?

Be well my friend!

3 Likes

Omg, when we’re at it I have to tell this.
When my father died a few years ago I was the only sibling with my Ma at the funeral agency (That visit is comedy gold in itself, but I’ll keep it short here)

First thing when we were looking at caskets my Ma who has absolutely zero filter says to the funeral lady. “All of this are so expensive, don’t you have something cheaper, non painted, and just cheap, he liked the environment and is going to be cremated anyway so I was thinking something more like carton? Like a big shoebox?”

They didn’t have shoeboxes that big :laughing:

10 Likes

I always thought the old fashioned coffee cans would do! :hugs:

4 Likes

When you daughter asks you what a cd is , then your mother goes and gets her ghetto blaster out and shows her a tape and it blows her mind . Daughter then says to her nan I’m really sorry you had to listen to music like that Nan!!! Lol

11 Likes

I was today years old when i realized i have crows feet…

6 Likes

When your other half says, “i just watched a video…it claims we are the freahman class of the old people”.

11 Likes

When you can’t watch TV shows without English subtitles turnt on
(English is my first language)

11 Likes

This reminds me of my daughter the fist time she seen a TV with the big backs she couldn’t stop laughing asking what is it.
:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

LOL – all the time :rofl:

1 Like

You have to. Everyone mumbles!!!

2 Likes

Kinda goes with…when the kids come over and ask, “can you turn down the TV”

5 Likes

My husband is Deaf in one ear, and has a bad hearing in the other ear. I’m in a constant “Can you turn down the tv” mode. :laughing:

8 Likes

You look at the calendar and starts to think “August, school starts,Fall, Halloween, Christmas, New Years, spring, summerholiday next year, omg times go so fast, where did the years go, where does this wrinkles come from, is that a gray hair? Where’s my glasses” :laughing:

10 Likes

I’m deaf in one ear and my son always says this to me :joy: but I have realised recently even with it loud it’s so much better with subtitles.

7 Likes

I’m Swedish so we usually have subtitles on everything in other languages.
But we use the Swedish subtitles in Swedish movies and dubbed ones as well.
For My husbands sake but also because my autistic 14 y/o wants them so he “doesn’t miss a thing”

Personally I use them only if I need to learn a new language (Like now for Croatian) :blush:

5 Likes

Personally, I have the subtitles on almost every show, every channel! I hate the TV loud as it makes me feel really overwhelmed and on edge. Live TV subtitles are awful, like watching a mash up of phonetic spelling and guess work, often with hilarious results. This is when I really do feel for aurally impaired people having to put up with royal nonsense.

6 Likes

You need to put cushions behind your back before you sit in a chair , you feel draught s then go an investigate, BRA’S ….had enough years …just whip em off

4 Likes

You know you’re old when you watch a new kids movies and mumbles to yourself “What is this? Cartoons was way better when I was a kid”

8 Likes

Try staying up passed 8:30 now… I turned 33 last month, and I feel every year…
You know you are old if its a new body part that hurts every week or every day!

6 Likes