You Know You're Getting Old When

You don’t care that you did not stay up past midnight on new years.

13 Likes

You can get the fireworks on the news or from YouTube :joy:

8 Likes

When you remember filling the car with gas for under $20 (Cdn). Heck, I used to put $5-10 in it as a student to get me to school/work and back for the week.

Or fabric-covered electrical cords. Remember those on the iron, the blender, etc?

12 Likes

When I got my own car gas was $1.47(usd) and $1.22 at the Indian reservation a few miles down the road. Yet somehow I still managed to run out of gas a few times :rofl: Also, I still own that iron, which is probably older than me! It doesn’t get much use, lol.

10 Likes

When people on the road look at you sideways as you’re rocking out on that ABBA tune in your car. And it’s on 8 track.

7 Likes

Anyone remember super ted ? And sharky and George ?

3 Likes

You are asked to chose between fullscreen or widescreen for your movie viewing. Then your DVD skips.

10 Likes

The Crimebusters of the sea :rofl: Yes! I remember Superted too. Captain Planet was one of my favourites

2 Likes

When I starting driving (2001) it was .92 cents (us) a gallon. Shortly after it went to a bit over a dollar. I miss the days of filling up for $20 or less

6 Likes

Ha! When i started driving/got my first car in 1997, it was like .90 cents (us) a gallon.

2 Likes

14 Likes

I still do this with paprika and old bay seasoning tins :joy:

1 Like

When your kid picks up a house phone at a relatives house and turns to you all cockeyed and asks, “what the heck is this?” and you bust out laughing telling him its a house phone…landline and he looks at you like…:face_with_raised_eyebrow::exploding_head:

10 Likes

Yup…a butterknife every time.

Show 'em a cassette tape some time. :grin:

3 Likes

Lol Blow their mind more by telling them that’s how we use to connect to the internet

5 Likes

When I started driving, and smoking, gas was 50 cents a gallon and cigs were 50 cents a pack.

7 Likes

My dad smoked when he was younger and I remember him saying how much they were when he was smoking and how he would never pay the price I was back when I was a smoker. When I quit they were $5.35 a pack. The hubs mentioned the other day they are now almost $9 a pack :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: Then I did the math based on how much he smoked. We could literally take a whole paid vacation off his cigarette money for 1 year.

7 Likes

I dreamed of doing a road trip in the USA since I was 10 years old (when my uncle did one in 1976). No way I could ever afford it. Then I quit smoking in 2015. I have done 4 awesome ones since. After I quit drinking too I am seriously saving some savings as well now.

11 Likes

$2.20 per pack when I started smoking in the 90s.

2 Likes