You might be an alcoholic if

That’s a great analogy.

1 Like

You plan meals that “need” alcohol and buy a variety, “just in case we want to experiment with flavor.”

10 Likes

You’re not sure if the nausea in the morning is from a hangover or withdrawals…≥﹏≤

12 Likes

You slam as many drinks as you can at the bar when your friend runs out to grab her coat so she doesn’t know how many you’ve had.

You are asked to leave said bar shortly after.

14 Likes

Waking up in jail clueless.

3 Likes

You happily tell your spouse you volunteer to do the grocery shopping so you can get some beer while you are there. :persevere:

14 Likes

You wake up fine in the morning, but sick as a dog come noon, when your bca finally drops.

8 Likes

You meet up with co-workers for drinks, and can’t wait to get home so you can really drink.

33 Likes

Start to resent the Dr questionnaires where it asks how much alcohol you drink

16 Likes

The guy at the liquor store saves you some shots, because you’re a great customer

8 Likes

You take supplements to aid your liver because you really need to keep it healthy enough to keep drinking

29 Likes

You don’t put all of your bottles out for recycling at once because you don’t want people to talk

25 Likes

Amen, sister!

1 Like

I somehow forgot about those days. Especially on days when I question whether I really had a drinking problem. I really needed this topic to come up today.

6 Likes

Lol, dont feel bad it was a cable box for me…woke up in the middle of the night on the couch apparently blacked out, thought I was in the bathroom and pissed all over the entertainment center. Neither the ex wife or time Warner were impressed :neutral_face:
A couple of the other ones mentioned ring a bell too, especially the one about planning out ur inventory to make sure u can get to the next morning. Another way to tell ur an alcoholic is driving to the store at 1:50 in the morning trying to beat the cutoff time because you did that math in ur head and the results came up unsatisfactory

6 Likes

I am still going to the recycling container once a week to get rid of my old bottles, I had so many in my basement hidden in suitcases :astonished:

6 Likes

Smuggle vodka to a baby shower :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

When you wake up and you find all these gifts to yourself. A pool of piss in front of the bed, a piece of glass in your toe, vomit on the doorstep. Took me 2 whole days to find the place where I left my car.

3 Likes

You wake up with a torn mcl. Wake up with both hands broken. Wake up with bullet holes in the stairway pillar.

5 Likes

Oh man I did that one too, except the book I was reading at the time was what was under my head and I was completely on the porch with the front door wide open. Woke up to my neighbor shaking me and his dog licking me when he came over the next morning to make sure I wasn’t dead.
Another one…when you drink something you dont even like because you figured out people couldn’t smell it on your breath. I spent a year driving from NC to Maryland and back sometimes twice a week and often with my boss in the passenger seat with a 32 oz travel mug full of some nasty 8% fruit flavored beer because no one could smell it even though it was wrecking the hell out of my pancreas and I lived in a constant state of acid reflux. From then on out that cup was with me everywhere I went for about 6 years, family gatherings, friends houses, doctors appointments, it didn’t matter.

3 Likes