You might be an alcoholic if

When you go out to a bar or club with your friends and keep going out to your car “to smoke” so u can hit the bottle stashed under your seat to either save money on the bar tab or keep your friends from seeing how much you really drink.

7 Likes

I was sitting up with my ex wifes brother, she was pregnant at the time so I’d quit smoking in the house, he left about 1 am and I think I lasted another hour or so after that. I had a bottle of glenmorangie scotch but it was gone when I woke up and I couldn’t find the bottle in the house anywhere, I’m pretty sure someone walking by on the sidewalk helped themselves to it. I remember thinking I was just glad they didn’t decide to step over me and go in the house and take anything else.

2 Likes

If you come to a recovery forum and ask if you might be an alcoholic :grinning:

(Don’t Banhammer me new mods, it’s a joke)

13 Likes

Most of the above! Except car-related bc I don’t own one.
And I don’t know how often I locked myself out or covered my appartment in vomit :thinking:

1 Like

More than 40 days since I had to take out bottles to recycling… always was very embarrassing. Now it’s only glass jars of pickles :rofl:

8 Likes

I puked in my mom’s car as she was driving and my kids were in the backseat after a binge the night before. Of course the plastic bag I had prepared had a hole in it so I had to hold that while my three year old was asking why I was sick. Convinced my mom I ate something bad. Especially since I was borrowing her brand new car the night before. Seeing as she’s a recovering alcoholic (4years sober) she probably saw through my bs but didn’t call me on it that time. :grimacing:

4 Likes

All I can say is WOW

1 Like

I had a similar low moment when I suddenly got sick at work, and barely made it into the bathroom, and vomited in the sink ( not a single person bathroom, btw )… So many low moments, so little space to list them all. . I can’t believe this was my life once.

6 Likes

Yeah that shooting night was pretty terrible. Physical altercation between wife and I, hurt my hip when she shoved me and broke the coffee table. I went red… left after the beating, drove to blocks over. Full of guilt and remorse. Had thrown the car keys somewhere after parking. Stumbled home and tried to slip in the back door, she was on the couch .45 in hand, bang. Missed me by like 3 feet. I sat down and got as small as I could. Fell asleep sitting there. Thankfully she didn’t finish the job.

Tore my mcl in blackout, assume I pissed all over the tile and slipped, no idea.

Broken hands were self harm, I got crazy and punched the tile a lot. My hands are just now getting okay.

4 Likes

Hey gang, I understand the point of this thread and it doesn’t bother me at all, but it’s getting kinda war storyish, and that can be a trigger for some of the newer people. I see no problem with telling a funny story as long as we add something about how it fuckin sucked when it happened. Also there wasn’t an individual post or anything that made me say this, I’ve actually had this on my mind for most the day.

Thanks gang!

13 Likes

Deleted my comments, dont want to trigger anyone.

1 Like

Woah, how do you do that??

I didn’t even get to read yours :frowning: I was rather enjoying them myself, but wanted to look out for the greater good I suppose. For a lot of us those stories are a damn good reminder why we quit. I think we should just add that part into it.

For example if I were to say I got arrested while naked. I would then add that I spent 3 days in jail and spent $5000 on a lawyer. This actually did not happen to me, just using it as an example.

4 Likes

The 3 little dots under what you rype…touch that, then you will see a little trashcan

2 Likes

Took me about 45 days to figure that out…

I’m still dense.

1 Like

You brought up a good point, just didnt want something i wrote triggering anyone

If you feel the need to drink before going out drinking

16 Likes

You take an Imodium AD as a preventive measure.

9 Likes

I feel ambivalent about it. Yes war stories could be triggers, someone could also read and relate and realize they aren’t the biggest POS they know.

15 Likes

I’ve finished drinks from glasses left from a party the night before when clearing up in the morning

7 Likes