3 days in sobriety

Finally made it to three days sober. I was shaking yesterday but I’m finally feeling better. I’ve been trying to quit drinking since November. The longest I’ve gone is eight days.

17 Likes

I can feel your pain, I just made 3 days too!!! Woohoo for you! :grin:

7 Likes

Welcome and congratulations on your 3 days.

Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Gratitude for what we have when we are sober is my best tool in my tool box.

Here’s couple of great threads I like.

Hope to see you around.

You’re worth it.

5 Likes

Me too and it’s been a hard evening with my husband drinking. :disappointed:.

1 Like

Hi, sorry to hear that, it must be challenging… I spent a lot of time at first reading about what alcohol actually is, as opposed to what “they” want it to look like.
Ethanol. Engine fuel.
Once I saw it for what it is, I became absolutely disgusted. That disgust powers me forward. You don’t want that shit in your body.

2 Likes

Congratulations, you can do it, one day at a time and you’ll be at those double digits in no time!

2 Likes

Im 2 days in after a relapse bro… we got this!!! :muscle:t4::100:

3 Likes

I made it thru. I took 1/2 Benadryl but slept well and all night and feel great this morning. I also started zero carb due to health conditions so I am trying so hard to be good to my 58 yo body now :two_hearts::pray:t2:

3 Likes

Glad to hear you’re taking care of yourself! Keep popping in here, it helps SO much. Hope to keep seeing you around :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Heck yes girl! We’ve got this :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. How are you managing??
My friends and fiancé all drink on a regular, almost daily basis. :frowning: I’ve been keeping to myself so I won’t be as tempted but it’s been very hard. I almost have five days but I still think about drinking all day, especially in the evenings. I hope the cravings end soon.

I won’t lie. Last night was so hard. I finally told my husband today. I’m basing it on the zero carb diet and my low blood sugar and he understands. I’m hoping he won’t tempt me so much. I couldn’t stand to smell his whiskey breath tho since I’m not drinking. How are y’all doing?

Go get you some pedialite put on some heavy tunes crank out some push ups work that pain out. Jump in cold shower lol you won’t think about anything but being cold as shit it’s always surprising and jolting even tho you know what’s coming it’s certainly a rush catching your breath in a cold shower haha it helps me.

Good luck we are for you. your doin the right thing that’s why it’s hard don’t forget that!!

Never forget why you want to do this. Never! Use that to make you get through this! You can do this!