Checking In Daily to Maintain Focus #25

Continuing on… (Did I do this right? lol)

1. Checking in!
28 Likes

Yeah you did! I see your post - You are not alone! Day #2 of sobriety (officially) drug/alcohol. Keep coming - I will too

20 Likes
  1. Slicing vegtables with a mandoline. My finger got in the way. No tears…but a little bit of pee, a bunch of cussing, and a lot of blood. Still sober! Lol
35 Likes

Omg that is my worst nightmare! I’m always so nervous using mine…hope you heal up fast :scream:

3 Likes

I will. I have done it before. I was chit chatting while using it.

2 Likes

Really crazy this thread has been going strong since I first joined back in 2016.

12 Likes

Well, stop it! :laughing: Yikes!!!

1 Like

Do you still have the finger? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Still attached

12 Likes

With a mandoline? I thought that was a violin thingy…
Hope you’re ok!

7 Likes

That’s a mandolin. I had never heard of mandoline before this thread…

3 Likes

I envisioned the exact same thing.

I’m like why are they using a mandolin to slice vegetables

3 Likes

Oh 0e718cfc3d3c8b3e52d1002086378dec

Haha…

4 Likes

I’m so glad it wasn’t just me :scream::joy:

2 Likes

I would totally just say “veggie slicer”. @Thirdmonkey is fancy! (I am 100% going to be fancy from now on)

11 Likes

I concur.
Using all these fancy words to confuse us simple folk @Thirdmonkey

Tut…

5 Likes

Checking in. Day 1128.
All I want to do is isolate today. My energy is very low. I did my daily reading though and it was about NOT isolating. “Fellowship is where the action is, where the magic is, where Connection is, where feeling part of is.”

I might pay for it later (because work is busy), but I’m going to log off of work for the day, take a walk, and call my sponsor. I don’t want to. But I’m not doing myself any favors by giving in to the isolation right now.

38 Likes

Lol…just a simple redneck here. I am at Ms. Monkey’s house, she has the fancy vegetable slicer

3 Likes

That’s like a few cuss words for sure!

Day 1128 is fantastic Mike, and you’re right to not isolate yourself, you need support.
Hang in there.

4 Likes