Checking In Daily to Maintain Focus #25

Continuing on… (Did I do this right? lol)

1. Checking in!
22 Likes

Yeah you did! I see your post - You are not alone! Day #2 of sobriety (officially) drug/alcohol. Keep coming - I will too

18 Likes
  1. Slicing vegtables with a mandoline. My finger got in the way. No tears…but a little bit of pee, a bunch of cussing, and a lot of blood. Still sober! Lol
35 Likes

Omg that is my worst nightmare! I’m always so nervous using mine…hope you heal up fast :scream:

3 Likes

I will. I have done it before. I was chit chatting while using it.

2 Likes

Well, stop it! :laughing: Yikes!!!

1 Like

Do you still have the finger? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Still attached

12 Likes

That’s a mandolin. I had never heard of mandoline before this thread…

3 Likes

I envisioned the exact same thing.

I’m like why are they using a mandolin to slice vegetables

3 Likes

I would totally just say “veggie slicer”. @Thirdmonkey is fancy! (I am 100% going to be fancy from now on)

11 Likes

Checking in. Day 1128.
All I want to do is isolate today. My energy is very low. I did my daily reading though and it was about NOT isolating. “Fellowship is where the action is, where the magic is, where Connection is, where feeling part of is.”

I might pay for it later (because work is busy), but I’m going to log off of work for the day, take a walk, and call my sponsor. I don’t want to. But I’m not doing myself any favors by giving in to the isolation right now.

38 Likes

Lol…just a simple redneck here. I am at Ms. Monkey’s house, she has the fancy vegetable slicer

3 Likes

That’s like a few cuss words for sure!

I’m going to continue to imagine it was a mandolin… more fun that way. Glad you’re ok though!

4 Likes

Actually, I do play the Violin!

8 Likes

Day 1.

Still foggy. Feeling disconnected from any higher power. But I spoke to my sponsor for the first time in six months last night though. I felt support from TS. I’m grateful for that. Thanks everyone.

I spent most of the day with my son. Distance learning, Ice skating with a bunch of kindergartners, finding rocks at the beach. It was sunny and warm considering that it’s the middle of January.

44 Likes

Simple rednecks dont play violin.

Your refined, After all Charlie Daniel’s played a fiddle

2 Likes

Sorry for all the stuff you’re going through. Great that you got to have a day with your son though!

1 Like

My first violin teacher played in The Charlie Daniel’s band

4 Likes