Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

Thank you for this Information. It helps a lot.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m new here also, I just love the positive energy and hopefully I’ll recover and be truly happy with myself

2 Likes

Welcome Theanya! This forum has helped me tremendously and the people on here are amazingly supportive. I’m sure you’ll have the same experience. I look forward to taking this journey with you.

Thanks…:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

20b42e32e06c14b8929e9a5568e3383f--recovery-quotes-show-me

3 Likes

12 Likes

I know, right? People tell me I’m a stronger person for all the challenges. I’m not. I’m a mess! Constantly anxious and usually depressed as well. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I realize this post is from 2017 but this really helped me right now. I have been struggling getting clean for 21 years now. And what I need to do is to stop trying to control my using thinking I can, and instead involve God. Thank u!

6 Likes

This thread deserves a resurrection

4 Likes

That’s so true!!!

Going through that does make you strong IMO, maybe not in the way people mean (I.e. thick skinned). If keeping on going through adversity isn’t strength then I don’t know what is!

1 Like

Boost, boost, I was a constant relapser, I had to remind myself. Broke on thru to the other side​:notes::notes::notes::notes::notes:

2 Likes

Gotta make some changes for my mental and physical health.

3 Likes

More great suggestions…

2 Likes

I dont have someone i can phone or turn to.

You have us here

1 Like

You do, Betty. Here is a good start. You can look up local AA meetings and other sober communities to connect with.

2 Likes

I love this.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like