And it's goodnight to all

Excellent! And ditto… Goodnight from me y’all xxx

2 Likes

I do wish I had discovered this sooner. You really are some incredible people.

4 Likes

Stick around. We all need a laugh . Sometimes there’s loads sometimes not so much but that’s real life for you. Right I’m buggering off to put a sleep app on, work in the morning and I’m starting to get hungry but I’m bloody well not getting up to eat now so sleep it is!! Hope you sleep like a king with no police involved this time :grin::+1::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

2 Likes

It’s never too late Paul.

2 Likes

Winding down now on day 18 and day 2. Very very nearly didn’t make it but I did. Today I’ve learnt my Mrs thinks I’m an idiot and that I’m still vulnerable when things aren’t going my way. I’m not out of the woods yet. I’ve been told today I’m a people’s person while I consider myself a bit of an introvert. Do we really know ourselves as much as we think we do. I know I’ve made it one more day and that’s what matters. Thanks @KevinesKay you made my day today. Be strong. Peoples. Be You.

4 Likes

Paul,

here’s a link to an interesting thread started by @CaptAZ.

How much do you Sober Time?:

Let me share how this applies to you.

Looking at your stats, I see that you’ve been on TS for only 15 days.

You have 2 days worth of read time. Wow!

Let me share how significant that is.

Most members on TS don’t reach 2 days of read time, ever.

When us experienced members view these stats of yours, one of our first thoughts is
This guy is hungry for recovery.

And the members that maintain strong read times such as yours have often become prominent members of the community; well-respected having strong sobriety.

Perhaps we’re addicted TS, but the alternative is much worse.

I see big things for you down the road.

For the record, my wife isn’t too excited about my road to recovery either. But every day gets better with her. She is noticing that I take my recovery very seriously.

It takes time for our loved ones to regain trust. Many members here can attest to that.

Meanwhile, we’re always here for you.
You are doing great!

9 Likes

Nicely said Kevin.
I second that. It’s exactly what I see, with out the nerdy stats (jk)
One can see the strength of certain people straight away.
That @Fargesia_murielae fellow is the same.

3 Likes

This is the worst thing I’ve ever wrote… i can’t lie to you guys I just had a joint, I need to sleep tonight. I haven’t slept properly in 19 days of not drinking. 3 days not smoking left me so weak I nearly passed out at work today. I’m going to do Stoptober I promise. So sorry. I’m still sober though. I feel like such a hypocrite. So errr Be strong., Don’t be like me.

5 Likes

Paul, mate, don’t sweat it. You are still sober so that’s good.
If you are only having one tonight and don’t plan any more, then that’s even better.

Defo just one I’m going to sleep soon. I was always planning on stopping Oct 1st anyway just to give me time to get my head round it. Maybe I should of waited but with the strength you lot have shown me I thought I could do anything

1 Like

Well you can mate! You just need to believe you can! Simples! Eek!

3 Likes

True story :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

1 Like

I need to turn this off for tonight I keep reading people’s milestones and feel so guilty I can’t even say well done. THE SHAME…

2 Likes

Turn it off get a good sleep and wipe the skate clean, tomorrow is a new day. And remember that guilty feeling know that you dont ever have to feel that again. :+1::orange_heart::hugs:

1 Like

Thank you. I’m gone. Night

1 Like

Night mate.

Hey Paul,how are you doing mate.? You’re missed on here

Im about don’t worry bout me, just had long day at work. gonna have a bath in a bit then come on here and do my nightly AND ITS GOODNIGHT FROM ME. l think im gonna do it every night its good to read some back to myself to see how it was coping at different stages, and some of the best laughs we’ve had. My day… A resident with dementia went missing, the last thing he said was he had a train to catch then we lost him. Spent 10 mins looking up and down the road which is an A road, really busy, the nurses were freaking out. Turns out he had just gone in another residents room shut the door and was happily sitting there. Then 3 people nearly got electricuted but that’s too long to go into. Turns out if you can stay calm when all about you are losing their heads, you haven’t got a clue how bad it really is. Hope your doing OK. I was full of a beans today after a good sleep. Do you think it’s a bad thing if I just had one smoke each night before bed to help me sleep. I have no desire to drink so its not all doom and gloom. Or is that my mind being weak. I can’t do continuous 10 hr shifts with 4/5 hrs sleep every night.

2 Likes

Bet you have some comical moments at your work.

What do you think??

I think I’m being weak but I don’t want to take any tablets in case I’m all dozy the next day. I also think I’m finding an excuse for my habit to have its own way even if it has to wait all day, the little bugger, I also think if I keep telling myself I’m clever for not drinking, which is my main goal, then I can do whatever I want as long as I don’t drink. I also think I think I over think, what do you think. Well you did ask :joy:

1 Like