Any Avid Readers Here? What are you currently reading?

Just started with “The mountain is you” by Brianna Wiest :star_struck:

3 Likes

One reading project for 2023 is to get back to philosophy. I read Descartes in December. January is Spinoza, with Kant up next. I’m not trying to read everything, but at least one or two books by the philosopher and a couple secondary works. Seriously, who has time to drink anymore?

11 Likes

I just bought a copy yesterday. :heart:

Current reads. One for every mood. They aren’t important works but they feed my soul and my desire for escapism better than booze ever did. I read 119 books last years and started a new New Years Eve tradition of picking up kids books and graphic novels from the library to ring in my new year with lovely words and pictures. :blush::books::heart:

13 Likes

What a wonderful new tradition! Plus, you keep track of books read…literally never crossed my mind. I may do this! Thank you!

3 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

Im a fantasy and action reader. Lately I’ve been reading Reclaiming Azuria: The Legends of Roth’tai.

4 Likes

There are lots of trackers out there. I used to read Goodreads but I don’t like reading reviews before I read the book. Now I use Reading List.

3 Likes

I use goodreads and enjoy seeing what my friends are reading, but wish they used a ten “star” rating system. Hah. I’ll check out reading list, had not heard of it👍

1 Like

Here’s the icon screenshot. I got really frustrated using Goodreads because I would have a new book to add that I was really excited about and would get distracted by reviews of people who hated it.

3 Likes

I hear ya, I try and avoid glancing at the goodreads reviews. But sometimes it’s tough and I get to scrolling a bit lol.

1 Like

The dark tower series from Stephen king is incredible :heart:

6 Likes

5 Likes

Just started Signal Fires by Dani Shapiro…so far, I am hooked!

Signal Fires on Good Reads

5 Likes

Ooh it sounds good! Let me know how it is!

1 Like

I like christmas presents like this …

8 Likes

I’ve just gifted the first episode to my English teacher.:smile:

We had his calendar for 2022, but, unfortunately, there wasn’t any for last year.

1 Like

I’ve just started Fairy Tale from Stephen King. It begins with someone doing the 12th AA step with the protagonist’s father. :grinning:

6 Likes

I just picked this book up I love it so far. Sorry if this is not appropriate it’s just what I’m reading right now thought I’d share

7 Likes