Checking in daily to maintain focus #11

Ty tallman i see you creeping up on the big 50! Working, running, journaling…damn and you find time to support us all on TS .:smile:
I finally got a proper screenshot posted. lmao

3 Likes

Good morning good morning!

Last night was a bit rough for me. I took the advice of @Drunk2Sober and got back in touch with my spirituality.

I used to meditate every night before going to bed but then life and university got too busy. Now I have fallen out of it. Before bed last night I found a guided meditation. I like the astral projection ones. I have issues with nightmares and it helps me get into a lucid state. I felt like how I did back then. So centred within myself. So forgiving.

Today I am feeling a little thirsty so I need to fill my day with some activities. Some gardens seeds came in so I will do some of that today. Maybe a virtual tour to the Sistine Chapel in Italy. And maybe I will fill my night with a baby yoda puzzle :jigsaw:

Good luck everybody :crossed_fingers:t3::pray:t3:

8 Likes

My longest time sober was 81.5 days, 3 years ago around this time. I passed it! :hugs:

23 Likes

The gita! Beautiful story. We are all Arjuna, on the battle field waiting for courage. Enjoy the read!

2 Likes

End of Day 42!

16 Likes

Day 279. Stoked because my dad is in town from Florida, so I’ll get to see him this week. Other than that, nothing too wild going on.

Made some DIY lifting chains this weekend, so they got tested today. Digging them.

Have a strong day!!!

17 Likes

It’s been accumulating over the years…of course, being sober has allowed beer and whiskey money to go to bigger and better equipment.

3 Likes

Day 355. I’ve felt pretty lonely in my sobriety journey lately, covid-19 hasn’t allowed me to meet many people, so I decided to attend my first online NA meeting and I’m so so happy I did. Listening to others sharing and just being reminded that I’m not in this alone. Sobriety is by far more beautiful when shared with others. Joining this forum has also helped lots. Thankful for that today.

18 Likes

Nice sober days mate, let go of Facebook while your having a clear out. It’s designed for the ego, look at me, look what I’m doing, why aren’t you interested in what I’m having for my lunch, good old Facebook.

4 Likes

Facebook is the exact opposite of Rule 62: “Don’t take yourself too damn seriously.” Thanks for the good advice.

1 Like

that’s brilliant, I’m really pleased for you.

steady does it. I just like the way it’s feels this time round. When you know, you know. be strong.

18 Likes

Checking in on day 4.
Took some further steps today to get this unhealthy COVID lifestyle under control, and I joined Weight Watchers… Something has got to be done! I can’t say that I’m feeling good, but I am feeling hopeful.

12 Likes

@TeejLazer
What do the chains do exactly?
Other than having a heavy metal badassness to them?

1 Like

Love you too Paul. I’m so glad you stuck around here. :kissing_heart:

Got my copy right here. I am Jewish, but I look for truth and wisdom in all cultures and spiritual traditions. Bhagavad Gita opens my eyes to some amazing truths.

6 Likes

Thank you! I love this community so much and how supportive everyone is of each other! Really makes staying sober much easier!

3 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Thanks! I can’t wait until can say 1 month then 6 months then a year! And so on… I’m glad I’m not the only one having these dreams even though it sucks that anyone has to dream about something so terrifying. Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes