Checking in Daily to maintain focus #13

What I am being taught in my mindfulness practice is that being mindful about NOT being mindful is all part of the practice/training
Watch it go. Bring it back. Over and over and over…

2 Likes

I think you should cut and paste this over in that over a year/my story sober thread. I would like it to be somewhere that people can see it when they join. It will get swallowed up here. Who knows the name of that thread? James? @ifs

4 Likes

Day 23. I REALLY want a beer. It’s so hot. I worked so hard at the farm. An ice cold beer sounds fantastic. So, if I just want ONE ice cold beer, this N/A beer I am about to drink should satisfy that. Right? No alcohol in the house and I sure as hell am not going back out in that heat.

RDO Meeting in 20 minutes.

13 Likes

Enjoy that ice cold af beer and get on that meeting. I agree, It’s much too hot to go back out anyway.

1 Like

I love this.

9 Likes

What it was like then and what it’s like for us now. For those with a year of sobriety @Mno

4 Likes

Day 581. Feeling sad and lonely and tired this evening. It’s times like this I wish my social life wasn’t entirely online. I’ve also got a hard week ahead of me and I feel weak and weak-willed. Life is good right now, but also hard. :confused:

18 Likes

I hear yah man. Besides the days I have my girls, but my Snapchat was filled with ppl hanging out this weekend, all ppl I use to hang out with. A guy I know who is sober was there, but I never get a invite and I never know of anything going on. My one buddy went out in the pontoon Thursday and Friday and I have not heard from him. Ppl going for hikes on FB and I want to ask if I can join, but there girls so I know they would say no. I can still feel ppl think im the old Mike. The creeper who said stupid shit to chicks when he was drunk, also my ex has made a bad name for me in this town. And at work it sucks bc I just don’t want to make friends with anyone there and everyone is miserable…so I totally hear yah bro, eventually will find something man, stay positive

8 Likes

16 Likes

Well put Menno.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing it Menno. So much of this I can identify in myself ( I’m sure others too). You have ‘opened my eyes’ even more at where my problem is.
I wish you all the best!

1 Like

Checking in on day 7.

11 Likes

:boom::boom::boar:

24 Likes

Glad you’re not in a bad place and you’re back on the wagon. It is what it is!:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Woo hoo! Congrats on 300 @Faugxh!!

2 Likes

April, your body and mind is still healing. It takes time to repair the damage we’ve done in our addictions. Could possibly be a vitamin deficiency.
I have had gastric bypass and must monitor my optimum vitamin levels on a monthly basis. I did not in my addiction and have paid an incredible price mentally and physically. Slowly I am turning things around for the better after almost 3 years of sobriety. Patience is definitely a virtue…

5 Likes

Thanks! I think youre a few days ahead of me so congrats to you aswell!!

1 Like

@Faugxh
images

Alcohol counter is ticking away nicely, but I am most proud of no binge eating 23 days. This is unheard of. I am not losing weight anywhere near as fast as I would like, but the general trend is down, and with better eating habits. I have had periods when I got frustrated and restricted, but then when the inevitable binge desire came, I “binged” on healthy food, which did not have the same negative effects. Added to that I am running for longer times, I must be much healthier even if the scale is not showing much of a difference.

9 Likes

e84e3d4fb0aaef815cf887545f39acf3d2f34d28554c60eb12c7c4bacd8fb264.0

3 Likes

Likwise Paul… we all are warriors i guess and only King of our thoughts and doing when all battles are done… wich they nevver will be , only for brief moments. ( blood of a slave… heart of a King)
You go on m8 !!!