Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #14

Haha i was trying to post the same bitmoji but you beat me to it. Ty donna dear.

1 Like

I wish I did. My autistic 10 y/o loves everything Russia and watches Russian (and military) Cartoons called Gerand Tanks all the time. And tries to speak Russian. I only know a few words and how to pronounce some of the letters. Luckily my husband knows a bit more :blush: Russian is a really cool language.

3 Likes

I’m alive and sober. But still having a little bit of an annoying time in life. Stepped on a pointy stone when we where out walking earlier, it really hurt when I did it, but I didn’t think more of it until we got back home and I took my shoes of just to realize that my foot is swollen and I can’t move my toes or put the foot down properly.

I probably hit just on a nerve with that stone. My usual luck I guess.

Besides that it’s still raining, it’s cold, and our news are talking about a second wave of Coronavirus and higher radioactivity measures in our country and parts of Scandinavia.

Boys have been swimming a short while in the pool, a friend have been over for a Fika and my husband starts his nightshift again tomorrow.

And train tickets are booked for me and the 10 y/o to go to my cousins first communion on Friday. We’re staying in their apartment by the sea with my parents until Sunday.

To make it fair for the 8 y/o who loves train (But is going to have a father and son day with his Pa, aka my husband) we are planning a vacation trip by train for my husbands vacation. :blush:

14 Likes

I don’t know anyone from Russia unfortunately. Only some Serbian people who learned Russia in school. (Husband is part Serbian)

But I did the same when I studied Chinese/Shanghaineese many years ago, talked a lot and the first time I saw Kung Fu Panda was in Chinese with Chinese subtitles. And I still remember half of the Lion King dialogs in Chinese :joy:

2 Likes

The hardest thing about Chinese is to write it. But the lady who tried to teach me said that it was better to speak and understand first, and do the writing later, some of the Chinese people still can’t read because it’s hard.

And when it eventually was time to write I had to practice writing the signs on a squared/checkered paper, the kind you usually have to do maths. But once you got the logic it isn’t to hard,but as I wrote that was a long time ago. And I don’t remember a lot of it. I can still write a few signs both in western alphabet and in Chinese signs.

Haven’t tried Dutch, and because I’m a Swede I’ve got some of it understandable anyway but not all of it.
Currently trying to learn German by duolingo because we’re in Germany quite often, and that is hard for me nowdays :joy:

1 Like

New blog post is up. The link is in the below thread.

Ultra Path

23 Likes

Oh wow, I am so glad you are being proactive with your mental health. Please keep us posted. Sending strength your way.

7 Likes

Got to be honest! It is the best policy after all… just reset… first time, after nearly a month clean… I’m okay with it. No regrets. Tomorrow is another day, and I’m lucky enough to be seeing it. Had some shit going on. But can’t blame anybody but myself. Thankfully it was only a couple of glasses. Back with a vengeance. Xxxxxx

11 Likes

So proud of u for realizing u need help before u go off the rails! I am rooting for you.

9 Likes

Pat on the back to you for taking control before it got out of control. :pray::pray:

8 Likes

A hard day. A good day. Sober is good, but the stuff I was trying to run from is still there - and now I have to, get to, work through it. Mostly grief stuff, loss stuff, and so I shouldn’t complain, as it means I have had so much, and still have it in my memory. Afraid that a drop more loss could melt me down, but one day at a time…

I gardened on my back patio. Lotsa tears. They just need their turn too…

I am super behind on work, not because of me, but because it is so busy, and i was going to work this weekend, but I don’t want to substitute something unhealthy (earning my worth by working 60hr weeks) for something unhealthy (gobs of wine), so I took care of my home this weekend instead, and got sleep, and I think I will just tuck in early and get up early and face tomorrow as a new day.

One day at a time…
I wish you all peace, prosperity, and love!
M :orange_heart:

20 Likes

You are the example! Thank you for your courage and honesty and - wisdom, to know what you need.
Sending you light and hope that you get through this stretch and come out on the other side stronger still…
M :orange_heart:

3 Likes

You’re very courageous. Good for you for taking the necessary action. Please keep us posted. :hugs: :pray:

3 Likes

Feeling great, working on some step work doing a lot of self care

8 Likes

Good man, taking care of yourself. We’re all behind you.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Take care sending you strength and positive energy. Hang in there… sounds like your under medical care and that’s a good thing… smart. Tomorrow’s a new day. :heart::pray:t3:

6 Likes

Hey man I’ve been there and I will say your braver and stronger than me because I actually gave in got drunk and used again then ended up in the psychiatric unit. Your inspirational!

5 Likes

Hope you get the help you need wherever you’re going. Well done on staying sober while fighting the mental health battle. It’s a tough one. Keep us posted please on how you’re doing!

6 Likes

283 Days. I got the nerve to call my niece and ask her to check into local services so I don’t have to take so much time out of my life. She wasn’t happy but will make some calls. I get that she’s comfortable having me do it but enough already.

I have the next 2 days off from work. I have to do classes ordered by the court for my DUI. I don’t get a lot of days off since I’m new so using them for this makes me really angry about my past choices. At least I can do them from home on zoom. My work will get backed up and I’ll only have 2 days to get caught up because of the upcoming holiday. Maybe I can sneak in some work while doing the zoom class.

25 Likes

Day 12. Had a productive day. Still sober. :fist:

21 Likes