Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #14

31 Likes

Today marks 2 weeks sober for me off to get myself some vitamins cos I’m low in iron and I’m suffering from fatigue. On the great side I’m happy to spend the money on the vitamins as I waisted so much on booze it’s nowt to spend abit on looking after yaself. I’m so much happier and at peace with myself and my emotions I always am when I’m not under the influence or hungover aaaanywho peace out friends x

19 Likes

21 days today , im so chuffed i never thought id get to 3 days let alone 3 weeks !!:smiley:have a great day everyone. X

26 Likes

16.31 Days… Kind of taking it slow this morning. I can’t be too lazy as my doggo needs to go out. I had therapy yesterday and it went well. It will take months to just get to know me and years for some decent progress. I’m willing to put in the work, I don’t want to be like this.

My older daughter is coming over to talk and we are going to grab dinner. I’ve hurt her a lot over the years. I hope it goes well. This is the first time I’ve agreed to medication and therapy, so we’ll see. I had to face the fact that I’m mentally ill. I cringe even saying it, but at least now I’m doing something about it. I’ve been so resistant in the past. I’m really nervous to see her, she can be extremely harsh and hurtful. I’m going to work really hard on just listening without getting defensive.

22 Likes

Day 433. Still sober, and successfully medicated. Life is kicking my ass daily, but I feel good and am getting more used to it.

24 Likes

Good morning; at work already and feeling happy; I hope you all have a great day! Welcome to all the new visitors!

10 Likes

Happy Sober Saturday, TS Peeps! Checking in, Day 158 AF.

Jumped on a zoom AA meeting yesterday and was asked to chair. Was my 4th time doing so, and I’m starting to gain some comfort with sharing my story and admitting my defects of character to others.

Today looks to be a nice sunny day, so I plan to start the day with a zoom AA at 9 am then go for a long bike ride in the mountains. Hoping you all have a great day as well!

20 Likes

I bet Vermont is beautiful today! I’m from MA but VT is really one of the nicest places I’ve ever visited! Pictures would be wonderful~!

5 Likes

I went to the shop today and didn’t buy any alcohol. Not overly happy about it but its a little battle won. Days a long way from over so we’ll see how it goes.

26 Likes

Hang in there… remain strong :muscle:t3: my friend :blush:

2 Likes

Your here and your trying I’m so proud of you my dear friend x

3 Likes

For me, this is huge. Association of stores and booze are strong, but you were stronger. Good day :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

I am so happy to read everybody checking in today I’m doing well. I was able to make 24 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday but I’m it so sick feeling that I couldn’t take it any longer and so I failed again. :nauseated_face:
But I just hit my reset button I want to do this so bad.

12 Likes

Great job Lea!!! 200 days is wonderful work!! Happy for you!! :heart:

Your tenacity is very admirable!! Watching your progress has been an education in itself. Never give up, never surrender!

2 Likes

Have a great day Donna :wink:

1 Like

This is always a win win for you mate. You should to be proud each time you have avoided buying any booze. Keep strong pal.

1 Like

4.15.18, how about yours?

1 Like

Thank you! :hugs:

1 Like

I am confused, you said you have 200 days, but you have been sober since 2018?
I have been sober since 11/27/2019