Checking in daily to maintain focus #20

Congrats on the triple D’s!

1 Like

365 full days since that poison has touched my lips. I had my last two beers at 4 a.m. on my drive into work 1 year ago. Tomorrow will be my full calender year so I’ll celebrate the “Official” year tomorrow. If you’re new and struggling but here and trying, just keep going… dig in and keep going, ask for help we’re here for you, I promise you it does get easier. Thank you all for helping me get my life back. I’ll do a 1 year post later.

44 Likes

Nice one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::trophy::tada:… This is great news!

1 Like

Thank you, it’s been a ride.

1 Like

Way to go!!! Year 1 takes so much effort & determination. We need to find a new way to live life, a new way to deal with life’s ups and downs without self-medicating. It is a meaningful milestone when anyone achieves it, let alone doing so in 2020 with all its unique challenges!! You are an inspiration to us all in what you have accomplished! You rock!!!
cograts

4 Likes

Thank you Emm

Thank you Marc

Day 1. Here we go.

23 Likes

@Tryingtogetitright wow, go u!

@Dan531 brilliant!

Day 75

Went to all u can eat bbq restaurant, it was busy, loud, hot, exactly the kind of atmosphere for a cold beer or vodka type mixed drink. Instead enjoyed soft drinks and laughed at my son for eating 5 plates of salad, my daughter for eating 4 portions of cotton candy, and was present and never distracted from them because actually all I was thinking about was if I could get away with ordering another drink, and how damn weak restaurant drinks are.

21 Likes

I am going to start checking in daily. Maybe more then daily. I have hit the reset button 11xs in less a than month. I need daily accountability. Thinking about getting some marbles and 2 jars. Reward myself with something I want every week and gradually up the time line. By having it in the kitchen, this can be a daily hourly reminder.

16 Likes

I’m glad you are here! It’s great that you are so committed. You can do this!

Congratulations Dan this is amazing and so are you! :muscle:t3::muscle:t3: It’s unbelievable how different our lives are now that we are sober isn’t it? Hope you do something special for yourself today… you deserve it. :tada::blush:

1 Like

Congratulations man that is absolutely incredible; I’m so happy for you. Thank you for all the wisdom and advice you share here, a lot of that will help me make it to my own 1 year mark down the road.

Great job on all the hard work it took to get you here.

3 Likes

Welcome and congrats on day 1! Glad to have you. This is one of my favorite threats to stay accountable and see how everyone is doing each day.

1 Like

Thank you Courtney. I’m working a 12 hour shift at the mine today but tomorrow i have an idea or two for celebrating. It is absolutely amazing at how much better life is now. You enjoy your last day in your 20’s😉

1 Like

Thank you man… i don’t know that i have a whole lot of wisdom but i did fail attempting to keep alcohol in my life every way possible :wink:

1 Like

Hahah that’s fair, I like it :rofl:

1 Like

f7f5b6ece5505d9e4d69458fa433b68e5a3c5afeed0097d88c0b5d361deec522.0
So awesome, Dan!! You keep the strength going here for me.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

e1a64020511d7e6522ef2ca4e7f3d018212791544d413e2689f00327a521a0b5.0
Awesome job on 365 days, keep on keeping on ODAAT, you’ve got this! :confetti_ball: :tada:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Day 1
Made it through the 1st 24 hours! Had a much better sleep last night yet my body still feels so tired. I’m on my way to work right now… hope the day goes by quickly. Already have had some using thoughts that I’ve had to put into check. But so far so good! I’m so glad to be back with you all on TS. I’ve really missed you all :slight_smile:

26 Likes