Checking In Daily To Maintain Focus #23

ooooo that feels gooood :grin:

1 Like

Hello Dolly.
Well a hello Dolly.
Itā€™s so nice to have you back where you belong.
Your looking swell Dolly :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:musical_score::saxophone::violin::musical_keyboard::musical_score:
@apes2020

2 Likes

adc4adc755b0329320c814c987caee9e421bd85fe4025732fb8d375eb1f87b14.0
:kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Iā€™m sure you know what your talking about :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you Shay!! If I keep this up, my vision of life on a beach will definitely be possible. :blush:

1 Like

@anon27760155 My heart goes out to you Danni and I admire your courage and strength. Congratulations on you graduation from rehab and congratulations on your 90 days.
@Drave congratulations on 3 weeks.
@marcusmaximus2000 Iā€™m thankful for you coming here a year ago.
@Rockstar24777 Pride in ourselves is awesome. So great to hear bro.
@CATMANCAM Triple digits is fanfrickentabulous.
@IcanIwill Kudos on taking this step. Opening a new chapter in your life is so exciting and Iā€™m excited for you.
@RosaCanDo Love & hugs girl. This too will pass and tomorrow is a new day.

187 days. Having a very enjoyable slow day. Actually slept through the night last night. Felt awesome waking and feeling so rested. We were able to finish Christmas shopping and now we need to get the wrapping done. Plan to make shepherds pie for supper and have a lazy movie watching evening. Very thankful for the peace of mind and body today.

29 Likes

From my experience I can share that until I started recovering from my many addictions I never had any dreams I remembered. It can be very unsettling for certain. It is as far as I have heard and experienced completely normal. Give yourself a break and Yes to lots of self care.
God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

3 Likes

Is this that pink cloud so many of you have mentioned?? :smile:

21 Likes

Checking in on almost 124 days sober from alcohol. Feeling really calm and balanced the last couple of days. I feel like Iā€™m starting to change as Iā€™ve gotten more days under my belt, like my mindset is finally shifting - itā€™s hard to describeā€¦ apart from the internal change, I noticed I have a hightened sense of smell ā€¦ did anyone else get that? So random! :sweat_smile: I notice many different smells I never did before, really weird! Like I sniffed out a dirty pair of shoes under the stairs that must have been there for at least a year. Also, I need to air out the room several times a day, which I never did before :exploding_head:

@IcanIwill congrats on getting into nursing school and having the courage to take leap of faith :partying_face: I work very closely with nurses and I admire them a lot. Itā€™s such a selfless, challenging and rewarding profession. Itā€™s the nurses who keep the hospital running. They know the patients best and can provide insights that are very valuable for their treatment. You go girl!

22 Likes

@anon27760155 u are dealing with the crap life is throwing at u so well! And congrats on ur graduation. Be proud.

@CATMANCAM Congratulations on triple digits!

5 Likes

Day 132

This week is the last week of classes before Christmas, so have mostly easy Christmas activities for the students to do. Should be a chilled and fun week.

25 Likes

Day 85. Max and I had a quiet day at home. The arthritis in my hands and wrists was pretty bad, so no knitting today. I combed through my new baking book and found some recipes to attempt once my break from work starts on Thursday.

@IcanIwill congratulations on getting into nursing school! Itā€™s a very challenging but rewarding profession. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll do great!

@CATMANCAM congrats on triple digits! Your progress inspires me on a daily basis.

@RosaCanDo Iā€™m sorry youā€™re having a rough day. Vivid dreams can really mess with all of us. I hope youā€™re being kind to yourself, and I am glad to hear that you and your husband came up with a plan to mutually care for the dogs.

@FeelingBetter you captured the pink cloud on film? Amazing! Your ski trip sounds like it was fun, and Iā€™m glad you successfully negotiated your way through dinner with your friends sober.

@M-be-free49, as always, it seems like youā€™re dealing with a lot of complicated, emotional things, and handling them with grace. Iā€™m glad you got to see your mom, and I hope your upcoming break will give you the chance to rest and relax a bit.

23 Likes

@Penguin @TSan @Penguin @anon28001181 thank you guys so much for your words of encouragement and support. Iā€™m beyond excited but I know I need to keep myself together to get through it. Iā€™m thankful to say Iā€™ve made it through this weekend sober. Iā€™m in bed now reading a book :blush:

14 Likes

Good job!! Congrats on 2 weeks, keep up the hard work :+1:

1 Like

Day 702 and have really needed to stay connected today. Worst day in a long timeā€¦ do not want to carry these feelings into Christmas. Doing my best to stay in the day

23 Likes

Itā€™s hard sometimes. i see you just passed a milestone, do they fuck with you like they fuck with me? Shitā€™s rough for a week or two for me around them. Congratulations on 702 btw thatā€™s a whole lot of 24ā€™s

4 Likes

Yipā€¦ my last relapse was 2 yrs ago this time. Binged from week before Christmas until New years. Started recovery in 2011ā€¦ got 4yrs up and then holidays were the worst. But I was a full blown addict so it didnā€™t matter when it wasā€¦ Iā€™ll find any excuse to use and manipulate my way to get it done.
Got through 2020 new years okay. Not really triggered around holidays now but Iā€™m going through alot right now and its bringing back old thoughts and feelings, which can potentially place me in a vulnerable state.

Thanks for the kind words brother.

12 Likes

I hope your path gets easier very soon. Reach out if you need to chat, sending strength

1 Like

Back to Day 1. I hadnā€™t checked in on here for 7 days. I came everyday but didnā€™t check in.

Finals week, quit my job because they didnā€™t pay me for the time I was out for quarantine. At least that was the final straw. The job has been dragging me down for awhile for all types of reason. Itā€™s not looking good for my parents marriage.

None of that is an excuse. I had intent, the same intent as always, to disappear. Funny thing, it wasnā€™t effective, the ā€œgoing awayā€ didnā€™t work. I donā€™t mean like usual, like the problems are still there in the morning. There was NO relief. I know too much how it feels to not do that, I guess.

Anyway, I drank for 40 years. Over the last three I have been sober more days than not. It ainā€™t over till itā€™s over.

Now I have the next few weeks without school, without a job, just to take care of myself and the kids. Financially, I am fine through at least April, so itā€™s time to dig even deeper, do all the meetings, read all the books, do all the journaling and definitely find a counselor.

29 Likes

Iā€™m glad you back. I missed you. I hope you learned something. 40 years of drinking huh :thinking:
I was at 45 years of drinking. And I just got tired of it. It was exhausting. I pray you can make it work this time. No offense but we ainā€™t getting any younger.
Bless you heart.
:pray:t2::heart::christmas_tree:

12 Likes