Checking In Daily To Maintain Focus #23

Eric, I am definitely tired of it. I haven’t had any of the pleasure effects for so long. I can still fantasize about that crisp glass of white wine in the summer, an ice cold beer after a long day, but I have too much evidence to the contrary. As a mom, I’d say to my kids, “So, that dumb ass idea you thought would work out differently, didn’t? What did you learn from that?”

I re-learned not to follow through on dumb ass ideas. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Sorry to hear that @EarnIt. Our addict mind can be very persuasive. Definitely time to emmerse urself in recovery to make it stick.

2 Likes

Glad you’re back and it sounds like you have a solid plan for the next few months :+1:

1 Like

Checking in nearing the end of day 27 nicotine, day 338 drugs and 484 alcohol.
Got my regular things accomplished today, prayers, readings, self care. It’s Sunday so even got in some relaxing time and football. Lots of healthy communication with family and friends on Sundays its so good for me. I went to my home NA group in person that was good. I got a beautiful woman’s number which some people will deem inappropriate but I’m not new and neither is she. Walked with her part way home a few times now. Watching some t.v. with my housemate and enjoying some food and catching up on here. Facebook reminded me that’s it been 15 months today since my back surgery.
God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

22 Likes

Checking in day 30. I am so so excited that I’ve made it this far. Celebrating with a cup of tea and board games with some friends.
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

22 Likes

You know for months in my recovery I would romanticize about that nice bottle of Red. Or the big trip I’m going to take someday :airplane:. And it would drive me nuts. I even wanted to start a topic about when do those thoughts ever go away? I don’t know if they do go away. But it’s happening less and less. And all I can say is “I’m not drinking today! And I’m probably not drinking tomorrow.” It’s getting a little better.
See you tomorrow :crazy_face:
:pray:t2::heart::christmas_tree:

11 Likes

Day 23 no alcohol! I noticed over the last couple days that I am feeling more optimistic about life. I don’t know if it’s totally from not drinking since I had been mostly sober for a while before my last relapse/binge, but I suspect it’s a part of it. Beginning to really feel the difference from not smoking weed too. More of a lightness in mind? Hard to describe. I have also been really steady with exercise, and I think that makes a huge difference with my mood. I’m glad I’m taking this steps in the dark, cold days of winter because I feel less affected by seasonal depression than most years.

Today I did a float tank, which was awesome! If you aren’t familiar with float tanks, they used to be called sensory deprivation tanks so you may have heard that term. You float in salt water in an enclosed tank (or an open one in a dark room) for 1.5 hours. It is very meditative and feels so good for my body and muscles. Wonderful for both body and mind. I highly recommend them in you are curious! I’ve been doing them for about a year now and I love it.

24 Likes

Congrats!! 1 month is huge, amazing work!

1 Like

congrats on getting to a month that is awesome!!!

3 Likes

I thought I’d do a check in tonight,
at day 353.9.
My wife has just been drinking wine this week. No 5 o’clock cocktails. So that’s nice. But I don’t get to watch whatever I want to on the tele cuz she’s not asleep on the couch :grimacing::rofl::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And there’s not as much room in the bed with her and all the cats and dogs. :grimacing::rofl::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
So that’s a good thing.
I been spending what I feel is too much time on here @ TS. And I’m not really motivated to do much these days after my morning routine and walking the dogs and the exercising and lunch. I’m not depressed. And best of all I’m not drinking. So if I’m spending too much time on here during my Christmas Holidays sober, then fuck it!! This is where I’ll be. You guys are the backbone of my support. Shit. You’re my only support.

On a separate note I just read @Edmund has Covid. Sorry Big Ed I’m letting that cat out of the bag in case it ain’t already out there. I’m sure we will all be praying for ya. Or whatever y’all do.

God Bless you all through the rest of this year. It may be tough. So come on here , or find a meeting, or call a friend, or do something!! Take a hot shower :shower: before you pick up your DOC. It’s just one day at a time. Just like all the others.
Love you guys.
:pray:t2::heart::christmas_tree:

33 Likes

just in case no one told you today don’t forget you’re Awesome :sunglasses:

5 Likes

2 Likes

so I just did the myer-briggs personality test and this is what I am… When I read all the fine details of it In depth it is complety accurate… Brilliant test to do if anyone hasn’t, google it, its self explanatory :v:

9 Likes

There’s a whole thread on it from September. It is pretty cool!

6 Likes

I feel the same way sometimes about being on here too much but screw it! Sure beats the alternative! And your so right we are all each others support :100:!

@Edmund sorry to hear. Feel better my friend. :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

954d9ab3a39c3d6b3135a5721fddcda23728d4e3ad324f63a8f85915ee8d9dc9.0
Congrats on triple digits, so proud of you and happy to share your journey. Keep on rocking soberly! :confetti_ball: :tada:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Greetings from Lockdown London :uk: !
Day 2 for me after a recent week of a beer or couple of glasses of wine a night .
Felt so sluggish and blah each morning which you can’t afford with 2 young ‘uns to keep entertained !
Have a fab week folks

15 Likes

OK wow cool! I completly missed the thread. Didn’t see it. I’ll have a read through :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations buddy! 100 days of making better choices is a huge accomplishment! Well done!

1 Like

18368 day322. Nosleep, couldn’t shut my mind off. But it was ok I feel good tho, not to tired. It kind of felt cool, like I’ve never been able to remember songs and random songs just kept popping in my head, I couldn’t stop singing zombie by the cranberries. And idk my mind was just bursting with thought. Which idk if it’s usually like that or not. Anyways have a good day

22 Likes