Checking In Daily to Maintain Focus #25

Checking in sober. Feeling pretty okay heading into the weekend. Planning on making chili tomorrow and then going to a meeting after which I will meet with my sponsor. I feel less anxious and I am enjoying that along with some peace and quiet. Staying on course and keeping my sobriety at the forefront. Have a strong sober 24. One day at a time :sunflower::yellow_heart:

28 Likes
  1. Signing off sober. Overall it wasn’t a noteworthy day. Meh. I get another shot at it tomorrow and I have some plans in place. Get up early, yoga, meditation and a meeting before 8am. Then make breakfast for the family before putting on my lumberjack hat. I’m proud to stand with y’all. Goodnight!
31 Likes

D. 860. It’s been a while since I’ve checked in. Its been 41 days since I cut the end of my thumb off and its healed quite nicely, though, I don’t have much feeling and it still hurts with the slightest bit of pressure. I hope that is temporary. :crossed_fingers:

Anyhow, still sober.

28 Likes

Day 214.
If this trails off mid-sentence and you get the impression I’ve passed out at my laptop… it’s from fatigue! Something about this week and today took it outta me, but a good long sleep and a weekend should put things back on track. If I were still the drinking kind? There’d be no such thing as “a” drink tonight… good thing I’m the sober kind. :relaxed:
We did another day today (yawwwwn), and I just know we can all do another one tomorrow.
G’night, sweet friends, big love to all. :orange_heart:

31 Likes
  1. Yawn. Coffee. Work. Had a good day yesterday. We’ll see about today. It will be sober and clean for sure. Luna wouldn’t tolerate it any other way. Life is much better this way. Learning to feel the feels (thanks @RosaCanDo) can be hard work but it’s very rewarding. Have as good a weekend as you all can friends. Clean and sober. Love from Luna and me.

@apes2020 Congrats on 60 days April!
33 Likes

Just rolled to Day 74. … and

25 Likes

I’m here, I’m alive and I’m sober.
Day 153

Cold outside - 13 C. Sun is supposed to show so I might go out if the temperature rises a bit.

Meeting at the children’s psychiatric hospital, Tuesday. New social service meeting Friday Morning. This time they said that they had a plan. I hope it’s a good one that actually works. We’ll see.

Overall the situation still feels a bit hopeless, and the economic impact is feeling a lot worse than I have ever thought.

Trying to do one day at a time.

Wishing y’all a lovley weekend :cherry_blossom:

24 Likes

Still super grumpy at my husband. Man, he is getting on my tits. I am sure there is some fundamental thing going on that I am diverting into that. Watched my friend’s kids so she could have a bday dinner with her hubby sans kids, and watched a pd zoom seminar, so feeling like I am doing things for others and myself. There was a good sprinkle of snow yesterday, so my daughter and I were busy this morning.

30 Likes

Ohhh soo cute! Thank you what you give each day! Have a nice weekend.

2 Likes

Ha. Getting on my tits. Been a while since I’ve heard that. Funny. :joy:

3 Likes

Day 27: Checking in. Saturday morning. A bit of a rough night with me having no more fucks to give to some people/situatuons. Still sober and staying strong in that sense. Have a good good day.

26 Likes

Good morning friends - day 77! Up early on this Saturday as David (my grandson) will be waking up soon. Getting coffee going and preparing for the day. We’re going to the zoo today, so that should be fun! (edit: having his breakfast. He’s a great eater)
Have a great day!

30 Likes

How did you do that ?? I love you motto also!

1 Like

You worded that very well nice! You have to say like Dasindog “At least I’m not on fire” A classic.

2 Likes

Checking in January 30th

Keep kicking ass everyone ! That is all have n awesome day :pray:

18 Likes

Checking in sober, Day 389. Been a crazy couple of days, hours spent on the phone with the hospital, doctors, case managers, even a legal advocate. My brother, while still in the hospital, is largely symptom free and his O2 #s are good so hopefully covid won’t be a long-term issue. My mom’s initial test was negative and she is asymptomatic as well. I remain in quarantine. Been doing 2 Recovery Dharma meeting a day for the meditations, today I host/moderate my AA home group. Did I mention that it is damned cold out as well?! Glad these meetings are online! Have a great day!!!
weather

26 Likes

Checking in as day 27 draws to a close. It is Saturday 30th January. Ordinarily at this time on a Saturday night, I would be sat, stupefied, watching football (soccer) beamed out from the UK.
Have had a nice, lazy day today after ferrying my kids around this morning. My wife was chief taxi driver this afternoon.
I have spent a lot of time on here today and I have found it very fulfilling - although I think my marriage would be in jeopardy if this amount of time became the norm.
I’ve heard people talk about running out of likes on here. Is that an actual thing? If so, how many do we get? I’ve been giving them out like confetti all day and they just keep coming.
Whatever you’re up to and wherever you are in the world, have a great sober Saturday all. I look forward to seeing you all again tomorrow for another lovely sober Sunday.
Goodnight. :sleeping::zzz:

25 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 230. Hope everyone has a safe and relaxing weekend!

23 Likes

if you press @ a list of names will come up or type in who you want, leave a space after it though

2 Likes

Wow, @M-be-free49…you are a helluva dancer! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes